Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 539

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BackyardHero11

Trusted

2. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

:thumbup:

3. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

xapplexpiex likes this.
  4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

airik625, BirdPerson and chewbacca110 like this.
  5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Kuri44 likes this.
  6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

finally seeing Midsommar tomorrow fuck yeeeeeaaa

currytheword and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  7. Jake Gyllenhaal

The best approach to see it is expecting a dark comedy

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

New season of Scream is pretty terrible so far. Unsurprising, but was still hoping for a little bit of fun with it

9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

You kids remember the 90’s?!

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Fuck, I just came here to post the same thing! Anyone else watched it when it aired? It totally hooked me and made me think the movie was real

11. currytheword

Trusted

I was very young (8), and it definitely was a turn for horror in how they advertised it. I remember seeing it at the Drive-In with my mom and older sister, and my mom was regretful for letting me see it then. I was so freaked out I couldn't even look out the windows of the car on the ride home. The "missing" merch signs and other memorabilia made it all very difficult to know if it was real or not at the time, until the actors were interviewed on TV which I saw online a bit of time later.

DarkHotline likes this.
  12. DarkHotline

I remember watching the special when it aired and I honestly miss stuff like that in the internet era. A key part of the success of that film was that you just couldn’t go look up information about it, the internet wasn’t as prevalent yet so you could totally buy into the hype that it was real. I really love the fake 70’s documentary about the witch dude in it, it totally nailed the cheesy, spooky music and cheap film look.

currytheword and BackyardHero11 like this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Yea I had internet 20 years ago and remember visiting the movie's website and they had all these clues and backstory to the legend. I didn't see it in theaters but by the time it came out I found out when Heather Donahue was interviewed on TRL

currytheword likes this.
  14. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

My aunt definitely thought it was real. Also, Joshua Leonard's had a pretty good career since then. Creepy as hell in Unsane

15. Sam Raimi Teases Return of ‘Evil Dead’ Film Franchise; “We’re Working on Ideas Right Now” [Exclusive]

I've always wanted a sequel to the 2013 remake. *sigh*

16. DarkHotline

I’d love a sequel to that

Aaron Mook, jkauf and yung_ting like this.
  17. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, what? The new Evil Dead is incredible, would love a sequel

BKO5950505, Aaron Mook and jkauf like this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Yeah, they exhausted Ash as a character with the show. I'd love more from the remake.

19. Man, Pet Semetary was fantastic. Perfect atmosphere, great performances, and some genuine scares. It even felt like a King story despite the changes, most of which worked in the film's favor imo. Enjoyed that so much more than I anticipated.

Vivatoto likes this.
  20. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Well, I’ve avoided the thread until I could see Midsommar. Holy crap that was bizarre, funny, and beautiful. Amazing movie.

21. Very excited to catch it sometime this week.

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

maybe I need to revisit this movie. I enjoyed it but just felt like it was super rushed. I liked the changes, but wanted more from it.

currytheword likes this.
  23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I wanted to do a double feature of Child's Play and Midsommar this weekend but Child's Play is gone from every nearby theater already

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Yeah I wanted to do a double feature of Child's Play and Toy Story 4 haha

ghostedaway likes this.
  25. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

:crylaugh:

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.