Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 538

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Watched The Pyramid today, which I immediately regretted but it got me thinking about other horror films I have given half a star on Letterboxd and there are quite a few with the Paranormal Activity series having two half star films but even they don't come close to the awfulness that is within the The Bye Bye Man, Jason X, Frogs or I Still Know What You Did Last Summer.

zachmacD likes this.
  2. zachmacD

Trusted

I get why you wouldn’t like Jason X but that movie is a classic between my brother and I. I’m going to butcher this quote but the part where the one guys gets stabbed through the wall is the best. “It’s going to take more than a machete in the back to bring down an old dog like me “ get stabbed again “that’ll do it”.

That and when the one guy gets thrown on the giant drill bit and gets “screwed” make that movie for me. Great movie if you’re drunk or stoned

currytheword likes this.
  3. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Yeah Jason X is great

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Paranormal Activity 1 & 2 are great

airik625 and yung_ting like this.
  5. secretsociety92 Jul 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jul 4, 2019)
    secretsociety92

I get why someone would like it but that film was just the basement floor that the series had been mostly falling towards since the original (only a couple of sequels came close) which as far as I'm concerned is still the best in that series.

zachmacD likes this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

Absolutely, I agree in the context of the whole series especially if you were following a long. Jason x was actually the first one I ever saw so I had no expectations.

7. secretsociety92

I watched the whole series back to back and by the time I got to Jason X I was just done with the series especially since the ninth film Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday was also awful.

zachmacD likes this.
  8. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea Jason like Nightmare got bad once it entered the 90s

zachmacD and chewbacca110 like this.
  9. I love bad movies, so I expected to love Jason X, but it was bottom three for me when I did my full franchise run last year

10. currytheword

Trusted

Jason X is definitely that so bad it’s good type that I get down with. I had my roommates watch that stoned and they had a good time.

DarkHotline likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

Just got out of child’s play, and I loved it. Lots of gore and some great dark humor. Definitely recommend

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I will die on the hill for New Nightmare, it’s great meta movie about how people can’t escape their past.

chewbacca110 and secretsociety92 like this.
  14. DarkHotline

Also, the only bad F13 movies imo are The New Blood and Jason Goes To Hell. X is completely absurd and that is what makes so great.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Even V has its moments

16. secretsociety92

I ranked the Friday the 13th films on Letterboxd - Friday the 13th Films Ranked Based in order on my ratings at the time when I watched them all in one go, granted by the time I got to Jason X I was pretty much done with the series but I doubt it would rank much higher than what I have it at now if I viewed it again under different circumstances.

17. Jason Goes to Hell is also batshit bonkers

If your movie opens with the FBI blowing up Jason Voorhees, I'm here for it

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

How is Manhattan not top 3 for the head punch alone?

OhTheWater and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. Jason Takes Manhattan is GOAT

OhTheWater and ghostedaway like this.
  20. BackyardHero11

Trusted

21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Was on vacation from work this past week so I got in a lot of horror. Watched F13 A New Beginning, F13 Jason Lives, The Dead Don't Die, saw Jaws in theatres, amazing, You Might Be The Killer, Party Hard Die Young, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1987)

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Aaron Mook and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

25. DarkHotline

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.