Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 530

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I had a bad day and need a horror movie. Rest Stop is on Tubi and I’m all set now

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Great, now I got that dumb song stuck in my head! That's the real horror!

3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Shit. I was thinking this was Wolf Creek. This movie’s bad.

4. Kuri44

Got my ticket for Child’s Play tonight at 7 CT

5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Early Child’s Play reviews touting over the top gore and laughs. I’m more intrigued now.

6. Kuri44

Wow yeah, Child’s Play was bad.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Thanks for the heads up

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Is Aubrey awesome at least?

9. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

10. It looks bonkers and as skeptical as I was initially, I'm excited to catch it this week

11. chewbacca110

My girl and I are going to be covering summer horror movies for the next several weeks. Starting with I Know What You Did Last Summer on Sunday's episode!

currytheword and jkauf like this.
  12. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Can’t get over “Hops & Fears,” such a great name.

chewbacca110 and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. Kuri44

She’s good with what she’s given to work with..

The first 30 min are awful. Chucky cgi looks terrible (but looks more realistic as the movie went on, at least for me, it seemed like less CGI).

I think the movie would’ve greatly benefited from not having Karen and Andy move to a new place and not knowing anybody, which would’ve made Andy’s friends already established as such, cause it’s totally unbelievable that he would meet them for the first time and all the sudden they’re totally game to help him out.

The way Chucky gets his name is flat out dumb as well.

There were some nice shots, and a few really great/creepy moments, but not enough for me to overlook the negatives.

This movie had potential, and I’d still look forward to a sequel if they were to work out some kinks and not rush it.

Detective Mike was probably my favorite character

14. chewbacca110

Without giving away any specifics: how was the gore? Reviews are saying it's gory.

15. Kuri44

They kills are badass, definitely a highlight.

bradsonemanband and chewbacca110 like this.
  16. chewbacca110

That’s all I really need out of this. I just have curiosity about all the surrounding details.

Kuri44 likes this.
  17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I decided to try The Invitation. I knew nothing about it going in and was blown away. That ending...

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love The Invitation

19. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I came out of Child’s Play a couple hours ago and I thought it was great. Without question this is the best horror remake that I can think of. They took the original film’s concept and turned it into its own thing and maaaaaaan, it’s pretty fucking brilliant and definitely doesn’t disappoint. Hamill was perfect. I’m a big fan of how he was able to make Chucky so anthropomorphic and also different from Brad Douriff. It’s a totally different approach and an entirely new Chucky. It’s 2019 so A.I. is the antagonist now - gone from this film are voodoo & serial killers but I’m only saying that in an anticipated manner and not a cautious one because it’s different...yes...but man does it work.

Final Score: 4* (out of 5)

The unexpected ”This is for Tupac” moment was one of my favorite highlights from the film

20. currytheword

Trusted

I would need to willingly lose a few more brain cells to say this movie was good. I mean yeah, I was never crazy about the series to begin with, but I didn’t think that was good at all. Dourif was the life of Chucky to me.

21. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Re: Child’s Play, is it true that Chucky learns to kill after watching Texas Chainsaw 2? because if so then I might need to catch this one in theaters.

chewbacca110, riotspray and Kuri44 like this.
  22. Kuri44

Yes

Also, I know I’ve been negative about this film overall, but fwiw, the audience really seemed to enjoy it. And the soundtrack is another highlight for me

23. currytheword

Trusted

For the first time in my life, I participated in theater socializing during a horror movie because everyone in attendance seemed to be making fun of it. Audible “what the fucks” and when the TCM thing happened someone very loudly said “dumb” and it got a full room laugh.

24. MrDaveH

Regular

I still have no intention of seeing it out of protest.

currytheword likes this.
  25. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Ugh a friend gave this to me and I expected a slasher masterpiece but it's zombies. I guess I should've known from the tagline but I didn't pay attn ok!!!! I'm delighted she paid $3.95 for it tho. I wonder are they racist zombies from the south???

IMG_20190622_172026.jpg

BirdPerson likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.