Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 529

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

It's going to have to be really bad for me to not even somewhat enjoy it lol

chewbacca110 likes this.
  2. Dog with a Blog Jun 20, 2019
    (Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2019)
    Dog with a Blog

It’s...bad lol. The first twenty minutes or so were actually fairly promising, I thought. But once Chucky starts murdering it becoming surprisingly boring. Like, it’s by no means the worst thing I’ve seen, it’s just really bland. I dunno, it’s certainly not something I would have payed for ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

currytheword likes this.
  3. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Watched F13 Part 3 last night. ah that glorious 80s 3D hahah. was definitely enjoyable, but didn't think it was as good as part 2. also, Shelly sucks and is the cause of so many problems haha. crazy that Jason as we know him wasn't established until the 3rd movie. excited for The "Final" Chapter

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

One of the most brutal kills in the franchise IMO was with the hand-standing guy and seeing his remains later

5. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah that was pretty brutal, but having seen Bone Tomahawk, it wasn't nightmare inducing haha (shudders in the fetal position)

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

also, the girl who sees his remains before getting killed sitting there reading an issue of Fangoria magazine, iconic haha.

7. F13 3D was one of my favorites haha, I remember being bummed when In Voorhees We Trust weren't so keen on it. Felt that it was a really fun and memorable entry due to the kills and having the mask on screen for the first time.

8. BackyardHero11 Jun 20, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2019)
    BackyardHero11

Trusted

it's definitely fun and I enjoyed it for what it was, but it just felt like a tonal shift from 1 and 2 that perhaps if it wasn't right after those I would've been fine with. right now in my rewatch ranking

edit: I had 2, 1, 3 but really I'd have to say 2, 3, 1. 2 I felt elevated the potential that 1 had, and is a much smoother pace, better cinematography and everything. 3 feels more ridiculous fun, I cared less about what happened, but I had fun. 1, the twist is great and classic, but the pacing of 1 is a slog for me. so I don't know that that's one i'll revist as often.

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Friday the 13th part 3 is the literal best one of the franchise and anyone who is anything less than enthused about it can GO HOME!!

I've discovered I can't listen to podcasts discuss movies because I get too defensive lol, even if I kinda objectively know the movie isn't great. Like I tried listening to one on the flawless iconic Godzilla and I was like YOU WILL RECOGNIZE THE GENIUS OF MATTHEW BRODERICK THE WORM SCIENTIST

BKO5950505 and currytheword like this.
  10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

hahah I like to think that's what his business card says

Kiana likes this.
  11. Kuri44

F13 part 3 is great! (I prefer the first three films over the Tommy Jarvis films)

And the theme song for part 3 :heart:

Aaron Mook and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  12. currytheword

Trusted

For FT13th my ranking now would likely sit at 1,3,4,2, and then Freddy vs Jason. The rest I find difficult to watch.

It's been interesting to me that a lot of people in this thread enjoy Jason Takes Manhattan and can enjoy it for being so bad it's good, yet not enjoy Halloween Resurrection on the same grounds.

13. currytheword

Trusted

[​IMG]

riotspray, Dog with a Blog and Kiana like this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I have very low expectations for Child's Play, but any horror movie I can see in a theater with my girlfriend is a treat because she is a heavy reactor.

jkauf, Kuri44 and currytheword like this.
  15. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

the Toy Story 4 / Child’s Play combo is a once in a lifetime experience so i feel obligated to see it even if it’s trash

bradsonemanband and chewbacca110 like this.
  16. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

currytheword and Kuri44 like this.
  17. Kuri44

I can’t find anyone who wants to go see Child’s Play with me :verysad:

I usually don’t mind going solo to movies (did it with avengers endgame lol), but for some reason I feel weird going to see a Chucky movie by myself

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

I saw Hereditary by myself

19. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

same

Kuri44 likes this.
  20. Jake Gyllenhaal

I think last year's Halloween and Zombie's first Halloween are the only slasher films I saw in theaters by myself

21. currytheword

Trusted

Last time I saw a movie alone in theaters was The Force Awakens.

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I go to the movies by myself pretty much weekly haha. I love it. saw Halloween in IMAX not only solo trip, but literally no one else in the theatre because it was like 1pm on a Wednesday. definitely overwhelming seeing it like that, but worth it haha

currytheword likes this.
  23. currytheword

Trusted

This sounds amazing.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Going to the movies alone is great. It's pretty much the only way I see movies these days.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

I mean, it's one Good Guy doll, Michael. What could it cost? Ten dollars?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.