Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 527

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

yung_ting likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  3. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I especially liked the part where the guy laughed so loud for so long that the reviewer missed a bunch of dialogue.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

So I saw Ma last night and I liked it honestly. Wasn’t a super in depth movie, but it didn’t shoot for the stars or try to pull some overblown twist. Trailers tell this movie like it is. I had a few parts from kills that made me uneasy cause Ma ain’t playin’.

5. airik625 Jun 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 15, 2019)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The ‘intolerably putrid’ making of ‘The Texas Chain Saw Massacre’

Actually a good article. A lot of stuff I had no idea about - including the other potential named they considered before deciding on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Saturn In Retrograde and Head Cheese would have been incredible titles haha. Sounds more like a band name at this point in time though.

6. BackyardHero11

Trusted

rewatched the original Friday the 13th this weekend. I liked it more this time around, still not among my favorites of slasher horror. now listening to the first episode of In Vorhees We Trust podcast haha. look forward to seeing where the series goes, as the original is the only one I've seen other than Freddy vs Jason.

7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Doctor Sleep is actually a pretty easy read. I really enjoyed it. stoked for the movie. I feel like I remember them saying the movie was supposed to be a sequel to the book, but it honestly makes more sense connecting it to Kubrick's film as that's what's heavily known in pop culture.

8. Jake Gyllenhaal

You're in for a ride! I bought the first 8 movies on Blu-ray earlier this year and the first (in my humble opinion) really holds up given its low budget. Very well shot and the score remains iconic.

Aaron Mook and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I actually just started it last night! Pretty into it so far

currytheword and BackyardHero11 like this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah he's a fucking weirdo but Stephen King is a goat writer. I don't know anyone that i've rec'd his books to that wound up disappointed. Usually just a few "I really didn't get this weird part.." conversations here and there.

11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah, his books definitely have things that have me sitting there going "...really?" but overall the stories are usually worth the things that are either forgettable or I wish were forgettable haha

currytheword likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

13. For some reason, I watched Terrifier. Did not like.

All the Friday the 13th movies are on Hulu, it looks like. I may have to start watching them since I've never seen any.

EDIT: Correction, I saw Freddy vs Jason at summer camp one time and the counselor made us all promise not to tell our parents that he let us watch a R-rated movie. I was one of the older kids relative to all the youngins there lol.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  14. Jake Gyllenhaal

[​IMG]

BirdPerson and currytheword like this.
  15. mrenkens007

Surprise, Surprise Prestigious

BirdPerson, BackyardHero11 and mad like this.
  16. mad

I was right. Prestigious

looks wild

17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

All in on that.

18. currytheword

Trusted

Fuck yes I love it. Does feel slightly drawn from You’re Next but with a grander scheme to it. I’m in.

19. I avoid red band trailers, especially for horror movies, but it sounds cool.

20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

That looks awesome. Thought that was Emma Stone on the poster for a second haha

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Starting The Perfection.

22. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

how do I get Adam Brody to murder me, I want him to bring Leighton but that's negotiable

23. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Ready or Not looks like a blast but I really wish I didn't watch that trailer (I bailed half way through after I saw how many jokes they were spoiling)

mrenkens007 and jkauf like this.
  24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Ready or Not looks insane

I'm in

25. angrycandy Jun 17, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 17, 2019)
    angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah, the regret hit me as soon as that lady got shot in the mouth with an arrow lol

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.