Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 524

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. currytheword

Trusted

Oh wow I actually saw this in a meme video yesterday and now it makes so much more sense.

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

3. what the hell is happening in here today?! haha

333 GANG likes this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

That’s the video I saw and didn’t understand at first haha.

5. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I saw Ma tonight and I can’t believe that it’s a real movie that actual humans made

Aaron Mook, angrycandy and OotyPa like this.
  7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is it like that Serenity movie level of bananas or something?

8. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Not even close to as batshit crazy Serenity was.

9. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Seeing Ma tomorrow. The mixed reactions only have me more excited to experience it for myself.

Aaron Mook and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

if nothing else it sure was entertaining

zigbigwig, OotyPa and chewbacca110 like this.
  12. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Cult of Chucky fucking ruled

Aaron Mook, Jake W and zigbigwig like this.
  13. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I was cackling throughout Ma. Very fun movie if you have a good crowd.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. mad

I was right. Prestigious

One guy in my theatre had the best laugh he honestly made the experience better

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I have a distinctive laugh and I’m always afraid people hate it, lol. It did mean I could pick myself out in an Eddie Izzard special though.

BirdPerson and mad like this.
  16. Just saw Brightburn. I thought it was okay. And then "Bad Guy" by Billie Eilish started playing. Really cheapened the whole movie for me. It cemented the feeling I got that the movie was trying too hard to be edgy. It's like they really pushed the language and gore to make sure it got that R rating.

I wish the movie had taken its time to establish the atmosphere of the location and explore the emotional aspect of what the family was going through. It should've combined the narrative tropes of the superhero genre with the stylistic conventions of the horror genre, not the other way around.

I thought the people in the audience who were laughing at random parts throughout were being really inappropriate. At first. Somewhere along the way the movie stopped taking itself seriously. On top of everything else the movie was trying to do, it had this sort of campiness that felt half-assed and really out of place.

I loved the idea of the whole Man-of-Steel-gone-awry. This movie had so much going for it conceptually. The execution just fell flat, on all fronts. Man of Steel is more visually stunning, A Quiet Place is more emotional, Hereditary is more hauntingly scary, and Cabin in the Woods is more satisfyingly self-aware.

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Green Room was fantastic

18. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The only take on Green Room that's valid

ghostedaway likes this.
  19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

The Blackcoat's Daughter was also fantastic. Good weekend with horror for me.

20. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Went record shopping today and bought a bunch of soundtracks, so here are the ones relevant to this thread. Top left is the original Twin Peaks series.

D94023B6-9660-47BE-800A-5D89E1E3C735.jpeg

OotyPa, ghostedaway, Matt and 3 others like this.
  21. The Midway

I have this same thought with a majority of recent horror movies I watch. Then I realize these people probably make $100k salary (on the low end) to come up with this garbage. It's reallllyyyyy hard to find GOOD, SOLID mainstream horror movies nowadays.

22. currytheword

Trusted

I have fallen asleep several times trying to finish Slasher S3. Most definitely the weakest entry in the series. If they brought somebody big in though that can work on the script and screenplay the show could be phenomenal imo.

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Terror is definitely giving me what I want right now. About halfway done now. I’m super intrigued by the premise of the second season too.

Cameron and Matt like this.
  24. drewinseries

Drew

Just watched The Endless. Really enjoyed it, though feel like it was sold as a horror film when it felt more like a sci fi thriller.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.