Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 523

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. currytheword

Trusted

Talking about 13 Ghosts and no mention of how ridiculous it is they got Rah Digga to sign on for the token minority/stereotype role. Every time I’ve ever watched Not Another Teen Movie, I think of her role when I see this.

Roughly about 35 seconds in. Nails Digga’s role on the head along with several other movies from that time.

2. BackyardHero11

Trusted

3. That pink font was SUCH a nice touch, loved it
    Not exactly horror but the Little Nicky soundtrack has TWO Deftones songs on it

DarkHotline and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I agree with his feelings on the Invisible man, but I question his judgement after calling The Wolfman his favorite haha. Larry Talbot is a home wrecking spoiled rich kid. I didn’t find him to be a tragic character at all. Sorry you’re a werewolf, maybe you shouldn’t have gotten caught up pursuing an engaged woman you just met. I know it’s not all what the article is there to talk about, it’s just my soapbox haha.

5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Not horror either but I had the Mission Impossible 2 soundtrack that came out around the same time with just heavy metal bands

6. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Starting The Terror now. Really hope they get super eldritch with it.

Brother Beck likes this.
  8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Does anyone know if the AMC app for Roku has commercials? I’m into it so far but the ad breaks are really killing the mood.

9. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Very curious how this is. I attempted the book but never read it all the way through.

10. dash64

This is my design

I believe it does. The series should also be on Hulu if you have that.

11. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m slightly worried about where some aspects of the story could go (hopefully they won’t), but the first episode is good. It helps that there are a couple Chernobyl crossovers in the cast and I’m dying for anything else to remind me of that right now. Plus the son from Wanderlust is also in it and that’s a show I have similar feelings for.

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, Hulu is where I’m watching. I don’t pay for the ad free version but I also don’t usually watch dramas on the platform, so this is standing out.

13. MrDaveH

Regular

The best part of 13 Ghosts was the set design and all the ghost back story they put in the DVD extras.
    Darkness Falls is filled with some of the most laughably stupid characters ever. The lead is god awful.

Great premise in both, though.
    Both could do with a hard reboot/remake.

14. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I liked this post before I read the darkness falls slander!! R.I.P. lead guy from Darkness Falls!!!

15. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I totally forgot about that.

16. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

Darkness Falls was definitely one of young-movie-nerd-me's earliest and most crushing disappointments. If I remember correctly, I was hyping it up ridiculously and lead a group of my friends and my older brother's friends to all go see it together. It did not turn out well.

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Saw Ma tonight. Honestly was a blast. Went into directions I didnt expect.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

Movie did not age well but the concept haunted me for a few years.

19. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Stop everything as undoubtedly the best horror film ever made in the form of Don't Look Now is finally coming to the 4K format with a bunch of extras such as the incredible score on CD, artcards and a poster releasing 29th July.

Not often I replace a film I already have on Blu-ray but a film that has long been in my top five all-time favourites more than deserves it.

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

But, but I already have the 4K from Criterion! Why would they do this to me??

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that special edition only available as a European release?

22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Does this count as a horror movie?

24. currytheword

Trusted

What is even happening? I have never understood Sororities/Fraternities. I guess I was always just too middle class to ever give it the time of day to look into, however shit like this makes me feel like I missed out on nothing.

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  25. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Welcome videos in Greek life are definitely a thing, especially for sororities. This one just happens to be hilariously creepy.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.