Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 498

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I can't say I've seen anything quite like it in horror, honestly. The plot is very original. David Lynch meets Nicolas Refn, maybe? Unfortunately, neither of those strengths (surrealism and style) come through particularly well here, at least imo. But folks that are into surrealist horror should definitely give it a go.

2. GBlades

Trusted

It's one of my favourite horror movies, the sequels: not so much.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

has anyone here been watching the last drive in series on shudder with jbb? im all caught up now and ive really enjoyed it so far.

4. MrDaveH

Regular

Seen it every Friday so far.
    Can't wait for it every week.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I've been watching. This Friday is 4 of 9, right?

He made a misinformed statement about transgender-related surgery during one of his riffs, but other than that I've enjoyed him like always

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i was actually really surprised and impressed by his rant on under armour and strip clubs before society. but yeah i also look forward to it at the end of each week. even if im not super into the movie being shown, its such a blast and a fun/different way to view films. also love the clues each week and guessing what the movies are gonna be.

BirdPerson likes this.
  7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

yes we are on week 4

BirdPerson likes this.
  8. currytheword

Trusted

I’ve seen The Silence. I hope you don’t.

supernovagirl and Jake W like this.
  9. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Was going to give it a go tonight lol

currytheword likes this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I’m watching Eli Roth’s History of Horror and I’m surprised I never heard of Maniac before

currytheword likes this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Original is a blast and the remake with Elijah Wood is such a wild movie. Highly recommend both.

Cory and currytheword like this.
  12. Kuri44

Having previously dived into the “Dr. Death” alternate opening, conversation then turned to the other ‘lost’ footage from Halloween 5: the long rumored SWAT team massacre at the hands of Myers.

“Oh, I took out Haddonfield’s SWAT team,” confirmed Shanks. “I killed a whole bunch of people.”

Expounding of the filmed scenes, “They took place at the hospital, the place where Danielle’s character left from,” he offered of the location in Orem, Utah which stood in for Haddonfield Children’s Clinic. “If you remember, the police get on the radio (in the film) and they say, ‘He’s here,’ and the whole SWAT team (which is stationed) at the Myers house gets in their cars and they drive off, and there’s one guy left up (in the house) with Danielle in the bedroom, and then there’s one guy down below in a police car (on the street), and over the radio he hears people screaming. So that’s where the (SWAT massacre) scene was to be – just before that.”

Of the extent of the sequence, Shanks said, “Well, I think we didn’t spend that much shooting it, because it was mostly second unit, with Don Pike directing instead of Dominique. So we were doing it fast.”

Speed of set-ups aside, Shanks does indeed recall the kills.

“There’s one guy, and I mean they show it, when they’re taking out one of the bodies, whose head is twisted around,” recalled the actor. “They put the wardrobe on him backwards, and he looks like his head’s been twisted one hundred and eighty degrees. And another, the direction was, ‘Take an M16 rifle, and you’re just walking through these guys and killing them.’ There’s Donre Samson, a big tall black guy that I kill, and another one, I put the M16 through his head, and another guy, I break his neck and stomp on him, you know. The whole idea was that you’d hear everybody screaming (over the radio) when he’s killing everybody. So we did all these really quick shots. You know: ‘Pick this guy up. Knock this guy down. Stab this guy.’”

Exclusive Interview: Halloween 5’s Don Shanks Speaks! – Part 3 - HalloweenMovies™ | The Official Halloween Website

13. Dog with a Blog

I need that black crew neck so bad

Edit: the first black crew neck

mad likes this.
  14. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Their stuff is so expensive but such great quality. I love my Hereditary one.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  15. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

there's new Midsommar merch up too for anyone interested

16. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Dog with a Blog, Kuri44 and Cory like this.
  17. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Oh man. So many thoughts....

I despise the trend of showing a hyper condensed trailer before beginning the actual trailer. What's the point of that? Seeing that old Orion logo makes me feel all warm and gooey inside. I am really into the hyper tech spin they're doing, definitely makes it more than just a "scary doll" movie. That Christmas lights scene looks intense as hell.

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

the orion logo!!!

BirdPerson and chewbacca110 like this.
  19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

yeah i dont know how to feel about this

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

The condensed trailer is to catch people’s attention while scrolling on Facebook, then by the time someone clicks on the video the actual trailer is starting

I’m more skeptical about this remake with every new piece of information I see. Obviously they’re going for something different but this just doesn’t feel like Child’s Play

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

now that, i am all in for

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This idea feels like two different movies. I absolutely LOVE the idea of IOT technology being used to kill people. Working with this stuff every day has me terrified. So many ways to manipulate this shit.

I'm not sure I see it as something that Chucky should be involved in.

BirdPerson likes this.
  24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

never been a Chucky guy, I've tried, but for Aubrey Plaza and Mark Hammill, I will try again haha.

I feel like it'd be interesting to see a movie be done as a period piece based on the actual doll that Chucky is inspired by and play with the stories that surrounded that. think the dolls name was Robert

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

watched are we not cats last night and got pretty gaggy
    might try and do braid tonight

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.