Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 477

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  2. Oh, by the way, in the theater I've seen two trailers each for Pet Sematary and The Curse of La Llorona and I am still. so. not. interested. But every time I see the same one I've been seeing for Us, I get super excited.

Trying to remember what other trailers came with HDD2U... Saw Intruder (ugh) and Greta (eh) again. Oh, Ma, that one was new. Didn't really like that, either...

I don't mean to come in here being a downer. I'm just saying, I don't think I'm the target audience for a lot of these new horror movies coming out. But the trailer for Velvet Buzzsaw was great, and that turned out to be a disappointment, so I've been wrong before.

But HDD2U was great, y'all should go see it! But watch the first one first, obviously.

3. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I already predicted the Pet Semetary remake would be butt

4. BackyardHero11 Feb 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2019)
    BackyardHero11

Trusted

I watched Into the Dark: Down on hulu last night for Valentine's Day. not perfect, but thought that was one of the best ones yet.

Planning to see HDD2U and The Prodigy this weekend.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

For me, Down revealed its hand a little too early imo. Still enjoyed it though. Have you caught New Year, New You?

6. BackyardHero11 Feb 15, 2019
    (Last edited: Feb 15, 2019)
    BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah, Down is a tough premise to keep going strong for a feature run time. but yeah still enjoyable and the payoff was great.

I did, I actually really enjoyed New Year, New You. I wasn't completely sure at first, but another one that once it kicked in I really enjoyed the performances and was like, I'm in haha

7. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Yeah I feel the performances from the lead of Down and the 4 from New Year were all great. Where you can’t say the same about the first two haha. Still need to catch Pooka

8. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Yeah The Body I enjoyed, but was far too long, apparently it was based off a short film? should've stayed a short film haha. Flesh and Blood I enjoyed the premise enough and was entertained even though it was just fine. Pooka is bonkers as fuck but the visuals and weirdness weirdly made it work for me even though the film itself is kind of a mess? haha hopefully they continue on the upward trend though!

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Is the sound in Friday the 13th 2 usually terrible or is there something wrong with Showtime’s version? I can barely hear a word the kids are saying.

I can’t believe this is the first time I will actually see what this series is known for.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I just watched it the other night on Blu Ray and the sound is just fine. Must be something with Showtime

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  11. Are you talking about the mask? Because that comes in Part 3D

12. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh that’s a bummer. I hope it gets better. Some scenes are fine but the dialogue heavy ones are just super quiet.

13. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I just meant Jason in general being the villain, but I didn’t know that about the mask! Or if I did I forgot it along the way.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Well I know Pooka is directed from the same person who did Colossal, which I loved. So I’m very much expecting it to be off the wall lol.

And agreed! Looking forward to these next installments.

15. GBlades

Trusted

Watched The Possession of Hannah Grace and some of the scenes were creeeeeepy but the ending was one of the most rushed things I've ever seen. There was no resolution or answers to what was actually happening which was disappointing.

Strong start that reminded me of the Grudge movies in terms of tone but it's almost like they forgot they had ends to tie up.

Fun flick but wouldn't watch again.

16. Kuri44

Spent a good hour last night looking through apps and TWC On Demand (Hbo, Starz, showtime, Cinemax, prime, Hulu, Netflix, AMC, FX) for a horror film and came up empty handed. I guess I’ll finally watch The Ritual? And perhaps The Midnight Meat Train after. Any reccommendations from those channels/apps welcomed. I really like 70’s/80’s slasher films.

17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

The Ritual is fantastic

18. currytheword

Trusted

You didn't think the Demon/Monster face reveal was dumb?

I thought they kept the suspense and feel really good up until then. After that, it just felt like a guy on the run from a big dumb animal to me.

19. Kuri44

Ok yeah, I loved The Ritual

20. Kuri44

Starting Sleepaway Camp

bradsonemanband and Aaron Mook like this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

You’re in for treat. If you haven’t seen it/don’t know the ending, report back.

bradsonemanband and Kuri44 like this.
  22. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I’ve shown Sleepaway Camp to two groups of people in the last week. What a great movie

bradsonemanband likes this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I loved the demi god

24. Kuri44

Sleepaway camp is so good, love that one as well. How are the sequels?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

They’re fucking bonkers!

Aaron Mook and Kuri44 like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.