Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 475

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. To be fair, this is also the original film, flesh-eating and all.

2. Hm? I'm not sure what you mean.

(Shouldn't you spoiler-tag that, or was it already common knowledge?)

3. I guess I'm a weird horror fan because I don't actually enjoy being scared. I enjoy watching good movies, and recently some of them just happen to be in the horror genre. I feel no need to go back to the classics, though. Things like Supernatural and Penny Dreadful used a lot of horror tropes without actually being scary, and I really enjoyed their stories/characters. Whatever's going on in Pet Sematary, I feel like I've already seen it. Because, yeah, so much of modern horror is inspired by Stephen King.

4. I don't think the thing you spoiler tagged is a twist? The original film is also about things coming back from the dead and occasionally eating human flesh

5. So, yeah, common knowledge? And I was out of the loop.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

Eeeek. I’m not into that trailer at all. Feels like too much. Way too much horror fluff with less focus on the story. The first one is amazing and there is very little to it. Mostly storytelling with a climactic final 30 minutes.

Less is better sometimes. I will remain optimistic but I can’t imagine they left much to the imagination with that trailer.

7. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts were about them choosing to reveal such a large plot change in the trailer. I could see them trying to put it out early so die hard fans wouldn’t shit on the film once they saw it in theaters and were blindsided. This way it’s out there, people can react and then process it before the movie comes out, giving it a fairer chance. I’d say it was a pretty smart move.

8. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Sometimes, less is better.

currytheword and BackyardHero11 like this.
  9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kuri44 likes this.
  10. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I see what you did there haha

[​IMG]

I am very much looking forward to this film. I will say, terrible second trailer, shows way too much, but alas, that is the trend these days.

11. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I’m pretty skeptical in this whole thing and the vagueness of this trailer is making me more concerned.

currytheword likes this.
  12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

In the past 2 days we got remake trailers that both showed too much and are vague lol.

Give me vagueness any day of the week.

Jake W and BKO5950505 like this.
  13. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Really I just wanted a clear shot of the new doll and a line of dialogue so we can hear the new voice

jkauf likes this.
  14. Kuri44

I’m looking forward to it! but this is coming from someone who thinks the property could use a fresh start (hopefully it’s done well)

chewbacca110 likes this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Piercing was kind of a letdown.

Same with Braid, but it has some really interesting ideas and some of the way it is shot/directed is really impressive. Some bad acting and writing at times too. I’ll be thinking about it and trying to figure out what the hell was going on for awhile, though. Mitzi Peirone definitely has some potential, can’t wait to see what she does next.

angrycandy likes this.
  16. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

bummer about Piercing

I like Braid. ended up watching it again and it definitely has its problems. I watched a video where Mitzi sort of explains the film and it was insightful. I just don't know if her vision really came through like she wanted. still love it tho

jkauf likes this.
  17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

You have a link to that video?

I definitely liked Braid more than Piercing. Man, that rotating shower shot is so good. Some pretty awesome music at times too. And a jump scare that got me pretty good!

angrycandy likes this.
  18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

jkauf likes this.
  19. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

On Pet Sematary, has Jason Clarke EVER been in a likable role? I realized watching the trailer that I’m so used to him being awful that buying him as a protagonist is difficult for me. I feel like maybe I’m forgetting something though.

BirdPerson likes this.
  20. Watched The Braid last night. It felt a little nonsensical at times (although that interview posted above helps a bit), but there's a good amount to appreciate here and I think it's worth seeing. I'm curious to see what Peirone does next.

angrycandy likes this.
  21. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I just realized I get Jason Clark and Joel Edgerton mixed up in movies they’re in

chewbacca110 and EASheartsVinyl like this.
  22. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

The Great Gatsby must have been a very confusing time for you.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Haven’t seen it

24. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  25. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Was not expecting Velvet Buzzsaw to have a callback to Friends.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.