Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 472

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The scary thing about The Invisible Man is that he's a fuckin jerk

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  2. dash64

This is my design

I would definitely recommend seeing the original but it's not required before watching the new one. A double feature would be interesting, might do that myself this weekend.

OotyPa and Aaron Mook like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

hmmm

[​IMG]

4. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

It's been 10 years?

BirdPerson and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Really excited for the new Zack Snyder horror film w/ Netflix. Loved Dawn of the Dead.

Vivatoto, Cory and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. Going to see Hole In The Ground tonight at Sundance. I haven't read or seen anything about it other than "the next Hereditary" soooo my expectations are pretty high now, and I'm scared, haha.

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

So jealous, please report back ASAP.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Kuri44

Is The Boy any good? Read they are making a sequel starring Katie Holmes. Debating if I should press play

9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I’m wary of calling anything “the next Hereditary” for a few reasons, but I’m definitely down for a critically acclaimed art house horror again so soon.

bradsonemanband and angrycandy like this.
  10. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

It’s fun and the twist is so fucking bonkers that it makes the whole thing worth while

Kuri44 likes this.
  11. Kuri44

That’s exactly what I was hoping for, and excited to hear there’s a good twist

I’m 20 min in hooked lolol

bradsonemanband likes this.
  12. Buckle up

Kuri44 likes this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Watched You Were Never Really Here and it’s more of a thriller but seen it mentioned here... kinda wish it was more brutal, I guess I got my hopes up.

aspeedomodel likes this.
  14. Oh no! I'm sorry you went in with the wrong expectations. I hope you can revisit the film at some point with a different perspective. I actually really admire how the brutality in the film is (not) portrayed.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

I’m the emotional type where if a character/villain really deserves a slaying, I want a satisfactory death. Him letting the Fed agent die from his gun shot wound after killing his mother maybe had his own reasons but I wanted swift justice! Also would have liked to see Nina take out the governor herself

16. You Were Never Really Here was amazing, just watched it the other night and it may have been my favorite film of last year. Wouldn't consider it horror, although that doesn't really matter

SpyKi likes this.
  17. The Hole In The Ground

That shit gave me the willlllllies

18. Suspiria (1977) was unlike anything I've ever seen before. I immediately just want to watch it again.

Still sorting my feelings on the 2018 film...there were lots of things that worked for me, and a few things that didn't. I know it may be a lazy take, but 150 minutes really was unnecessary. A lot of the film seemed simultaneously ambitious, but self-indulgent. True to the original, I suppose, in the sense that it certainly was an experience. One I mostly enjoyed, but likely won't return to the way I plan on returning to the original.

dash64, Cory and OotyPa like this.
  19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I just watched the remake for the first time today, and this is basically how I felt. I enjoyed the little twists on the original but it kinda lacked the charm.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

tried to watch it last night

hated it

21. Velvet Buzzsaw today!

jkauf, TedSchmosby and dash64 like this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

I posted this in the In Memoriam thread after finding out Dick Miller's final movie is a horror movie called Hanukkah and these are the mock-up posters on IMDB

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

23. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I wish del Toro were directing this instead of producing, but I’m still interested.

24. Didn't love Velvet Buzzsaw as much as I hoped, but it was entertaining. Gyllenhaal was fun to watch.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Thanks for watching!

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.