Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 468

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. cheese_pizza

Can't stand horror movies - I am afraid of everything after watching. Fond of horror manga. What's wrong with me?

currytheword likes this.
  2. GBlades

Trusted

Junji Ito's Uzumaki is the freakiest thing I've ever seen/read.

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

HALLOWEEN 2018 Producer Would Like To Reboot The FRIDAY THE 13TH Franchise

"Without a question, at the top of my list would be Friday The 13th. Friday The 13th would be the franchise that I would love to work on next. Jason Blum shares that same passion. You gotta deliver on a summer camp. You gotta deliver on counselors. You gotta deliver on Jason Voorhees."

"How do you do Friday the 13th? [It] would take a little bit of a conversation but for us, at Blumhouse, what it's really about is finding that director or writer/director - that creative team that just has a brilliant idea. I would love to see the return of Tommy Jarvis, but that's just my own fan wish. Because that was a great trilogy - 4, 5, and 6. I'm the biggest fan of 6 there can be. Tommy's the staple of the Friday franchise. Someone will get it at some point and hopefully deliver the goods."

BirdPerson and Aaron Mook like this.
  4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

5. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

My body is READY. I didn’t realize it was so close.

yung_ting likes this.
  6. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Out there now, follow up to Eyes of My Mother which I regrettably haven’t seen yet but looks pretty bonkers

estebanwaseaten, OotyPa and Cory like this.
  7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

the eyes of my mother was b r u t a l

BirdPerson, Kuri44 and OotyPa like this.
  8. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

That movie is frankly an extremely desolating experience. Beautifully shot, but disturbing on so many levels.

9. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Cory likes this.
  10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Happened across this Instagram account and aside from the guy's crazy collection of 80s toys/collectibles, he makes custom action figures complete in packaging and I'm posting here cuz there's a ton of great horror stuff.

Cory, currytheword and aliens exist like this.
  11. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The Fog one lmao

12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Bob :'(

13. lettersandnumbers

Regular

Held up on a second viewing -- the best subgenre of old horror movies is "this could never get made today"

14. currytheword

Trusted

Those are excellent. Wish they were mass produced but the fact that they’re not makes me want them more.

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

We watched Candyman as the first screening in my “Film and the City” class. I had never seen it and it was soooo sick

16. currytheword

Trusted

I have never had any college course that involved any type of cinema/televised work I thoroughly enjoyed. Jealous.

17. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

My middle school gifted teacher made us watch Rebecca and it blew all our 6th grade minds.

currytheword likes this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

About to watch Suspiria tonight, hopefully its a good as this thread makes it out to be! I trust you, don't worry....

19. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

New or old?

20. GBlades

Trusted

New, I've seen the old one so will see how this fares. Though I just read the Dario Argento interview where he said it "betrayed the spirit of the original" so we'll see.

21. GBlades

Trusted

So watched Suspiria. The main thing I lived, surprisingly, was the music .Thom Yorke really created an atmosphere in this that was total freaky. My gf is a dancer and she was absolutely amazed yet disgusted by the routines and complexity.

It's a slow burner and I thought thatreally let it down. I liked the movie for its character portrayal and artistic creativity but felt it was lacking something in the story.

That dance sequence from towards the end onwards completely fucked me up though. Some of those visuals were haunting.

dash64, chewbacca110 and Rowan5215 like this.
  22. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

visually might be my favourite movie this decade, it was breathtaking

23. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

24. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Wright always does well when his stuff has a fair bit of humor. I’m curious if he’ll go straight horror thriller without a comedy element

BirdPerson and currytheword like this.
  25. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Hot Fuzz isn't really a horror but holy shit is it funny.

Shaun of the Dead is a classic in the genre as far as I'm concerned.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.