Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 465

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I just finished Hereditary and now i don’t know what to do with myself

2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Stick your head out the window of a moving vehicle

3. Triggered. Nope-ing out of this thread again. Peace.

Dirty Sanchez and BackyardHero11 like this.
  4. BackyardHero11

Trusted

5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

FUCK YES!

6. Jake Gyllenhaal

It's a me!

7. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Someone’s been reading my diary AGAIN.

I didn’t realize this was so close, I absolutely cannot wait. And seeing Toni Colette and Zawe Ashton together again makes me so happy. I hope they get to interact in the film.

jkauf likes this.
  8. As great as the movie is, on some days I feel like watching Hereditary was my biggest mistake of 2018. It's gotta be some strange masochistic bullshit that I really want to see Velvet Buzzsaw.

BackyardHero11 and jkauf like this.
  9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Holy shit that looks dope, Nightcrawler is one of the dopest movies of the last few years so I'm beyond excited for this.

SpyKi likes this.
  10. OotyPa

fall away

Velvet Buzzsaw looks fucking insane.

Also @xkhiemster what don't you like about Hereditary if you think it's a great movie?

11. I don't like that I can't get it out of my head. Whenever I'm walking up or down the stairs in my own damn house at night, 7 times out of 10 i'll be visualizing some part of the ending and freaking out for no reason.

currytheword likes this.
  12. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Sounds like an effective horror movie haha. I wish I had something do this to me recently.

13. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I knew exactly 0 about Hereditary going into it. I don’t think I’ve ever before paused a movie as much as i did

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

That’s the best way to go into movies nowadays. I heard hype early on but wanted to avoid anything else (plot/trailer). I didn’t know until a few days before I saw it that Toni Collette was in it.

15. jkauf Jan 10, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 10, 2019)
    jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Man, two great trailers today.

OotyPa, Cory and Joe like this.
  16. I watched Basket Case a few nights ago and it’s still all I can talk to my friends about! Haha

estebanwaseaten and Cory like this.
  17. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Hm, this is on Prime, maybe I should watch tonight.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. Buckle up.

jkauf likes this.
  19. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

The scene where he feeds his bro hotdogs cracks me the fuck up for some reason

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Watched The Hive last night (Amazon Prime).

That was interesting and pretty fun. the basic storyline / premise is not new or original at all, and we';ve probably all seen something along these line 25x times but the execution of the story is very fresh and unique. i thought it started a little messy and clunky and there were times i felt scenes were cut that would have helped for more emotional depth but as it went on it got better and filled in the blanks better.

some real good creepy moments with the visuals and sets, that was awesome.

i agree with the comment of some cheesy dialogue, but idk, it seemed to work for the most part and the acting was real solid. a few moments i felt the cast tried too hard for emotion, but then other times it felt like they didn't even know a camera was on them and their reactions felt genuine. also a handful of great one-liners that made me literally LOL

also some cool first person POV that felt videogame-ish but worked for me.

real glad i watched it.

@Cory
    @Aaron Mook

Aaron Mook and Cory like this.
  21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Watching Happy Death Day and OOF some of these lines are SO bad.

Aaron Mook and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. But is it not meant to be kind of bad? I thought it was intentionally campy.

23. BackyardHero11

Trusted

that was my perception. I put it with films like The Babysitter, which may be one of my most rewatched in 2018 haha

Aaron Mook and bradsonemanband like this.
  24. yung_ting

Trusted

Yeah I was under the impression it was intentional

My only gripe with it is when it was unintentionally lame in some of the sappier parts

Aaron Mook likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.