Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 464

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. I've always liked Movies With Mikey's video essay about it.

2. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Their deconstruction and subversion of the archetypal characters was genius and the Richard Jenkins/Bradley Whitford combo is one of the funniest things in horror ever. The ending was pretty phenomenal too, especially with the brilliant bit of casting they pulled out. Honestly it’s one of the best of the decade if not the century and just a stone cold classic.

chewbacca110 and Aaron Mook like this.
  3. lettersandnumbers

Regular

I'd definitely watch Scream! I was worried going into it because of all the hype and esteem it has (which might have been the problem with CITW), but its status is totally justified.

4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

And whoops ass makes as much sense as kicks ass but whoops is a funnier word.

currytheword and yung_ting like this.
  5. OHH okay, once you put it that way it makes more sense.

6. MrDaveH

Regular

Imagine if they would have gotten the original actor they wanted.
    Jaime Lee Curtis

chewbacca110 and BirdPerson like this.
  7. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Just here to say that Scream is one of the best films of all time like not just best horror films but best films don't @ me!!!! Holds up so fantastic I just love it. Scream and Nightmare on Elm St are perfect horror movies and movies in general to me.

8. Child's Play 2 tonight! The first one held up incredibly well. Brad Dourif is so great.

chewbacca110 and Full Effect Ed like this.
  9. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Best film of that series IMO

chewbacca110 and Aaron Mook like this.
  10. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Child’s Play 3 is almost just as fun as the second. I like them both more than the original

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Stop. what you are doing and watch it

Kuri44 likes this.
  12. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Featuring Jenny Agutter who was in another horror classic, An American Werewolf in London

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Damn. Looked her up and she is in the news for not good reasons

14. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yikes, just looked that up

15. currytheword

Trusted

Scream is forever one of the best horror movies ever. I don't think I can credit any actress in horror as being as believable/impressionable as Neve Campbell in the role of Sydney Prescott. You would think JLC would be my first, but she's actually pretty minor in the grand scheme of the Halloween movies (at least the first two).

BirdPerson and supernovagirl like this.
  16. Kuri44

17. dash64

This is my design

Kuri44 likes this.
  18. Has anyone seen it? Someone let me know if it's worth the watch, haha

19. Kuri44

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

22. Joe Jan 9, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 9, 2019)
  23. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Just watched The Hive. Pretty interesting movie. Definitely an original movie, can’t think of anything much to compare it to at all. It has some sporadically cheesy dialogue, but overall it’s pretty well done. I’d definitely recommend it. Love to hear what you guys have to say about it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Ohhhh that’s on Prime. I’ll watch it this weekend and report back. Cover looks gnarly.

Cory likes this.
  25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

is anyone else stoked on the resident evil 2 remake coming out later this month? the original ps1 games were HUGE for me growing up and ive followed all of the main story games ever since (well, with the exception of 6).

dash64 and Cameron like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.