Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 462

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Actually not a bad list overall but no Don’t Look Now or Freaks makes it basically invalid to me. Also really don’t understand saying best “EVER” and then immediately deciding new movies can’t be included. Happy to see Night of the Hunter get some love though.

2. Their #1 is my #1 too. Nice. Most of the ones on there that I haven't seen are older classics. I need to be better at digging into older films.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

not a bad list

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I made a game out of it and tried to guess the top 10 after reading 50-11

Here was my guess:
    1- Halloween
    2- Get Out
    3- Psycho
    4- Bride of Frankenstein
    5- The Thing
    6- Scream
    7- An American Werewolf In London
    8- Rosemary's Baby
    9- Alien
    10- Black Christmas

i got everything except The Shining and Jaws, both of which just didn't come to mind. Unless I missed it earlier in the list, Get Out was a glaring omission

angrycandy likes this.
  5. They mentioned not listing anything released after 2016 since they're too recent to be considered best of all-time.

6. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

They said at the beginning that nothing since 2016 was chosen which is really stupid.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

They had The Witch on there! Cutting it off two years ago seems arbitrary

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Cabin in the Woods above the Exorcist and NOTLD is baffling. TCM should be closer to the top. Okay list. I prefer Slant's

9. Also, I just re-watched Evil Dead (2013) last weekend, and it's still a bloody great time. Kind of wish Fede Alvarez could do a sequel to this instead of Don't Breathe, even though I enjoyed that one too.

10. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Did anyone else watch New Year New You? It was the latest Blumhouse “into the dark” movie on Hulu

I actually really loved it. It’s campy just like pooka but I liked it waaay more.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

awesome, I almost watched that last night but got caught up watching Barry on hbo.

supernovagirl likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

Lmk what you think!

13. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I’ve been wanting to watch all of those! I hear this one and pooka have been the best so far.

supernovagirl likes this.
  14. I was trying to avoid the Us trailer so I could go into it blind, but then it played before The Favourite and OMG I'M SO STUPID THAT'S AN AMAZING TRAILER.

BirdPerson and BackyardHero11 like this.
  15. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Haha. That’s funny. Us had a good trailer. I don’t feel like it gave anything anyway. No obvious spoilers that I could pick out. It’s not a trailer I’d recommend people avoid

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

The only twist I’d imagine people feel spoiled by seems like something that would be revealed in the first quarter of the movie, so its not too bad. Im sure there will be plenty more to surprise throughout the movie.

BirdPerson likes this.
  17. I walked into Get Out without knowing anything and that experience was nuts.

18. EASheartsVinyl Jan 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Jan 4, 2019)
    EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Watching The Invitation now after turning it off two minutes in months ago, and after Hill House it’s very interesting to see that poor Steve joined a cult.

EDIT: Wow that was actually pretty bad. I should have just watched The Faculty again.

19. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

What didn't you like about it? Just curious. I have a soft spot for Tammy Blanchard though so I have a little bias haha

20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Also, Hereditary still has the best trailer I've seen in years if possibly ever

21. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Spoilers because I’m too lazy to tag.

I felt like Logan Marshall-Green was great, but the film showed its hand WAY too early and I didn’t buy that Will was paranoid for a second. They showed the video too soon and Eden being out of her mind too soon and John Carroll Lynch was obviously evil from the jump so everything just fell totally flat for me.

I also felt like if it was meant to be a meditation on grief and how it leads us down destructive paths and can ruin us, the last shot destroyed that idea. Eden I can understand being taken in because she just didn’t care anymore, but it turning out that Nitro from Down Periscope truly is some sort of mastermind who has infiltrated possibly everywhere just seemed like it was out of another movie.

BirdPerson likes this.
  22. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Not to get distracted from your very valid critique bc I agree with it but, Down Periscope, yesssss

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Us trailer is really good but I feel like it did reveal a lot I mean, they are fighting their doppelgangers which is the entire premise, no? I hope there’s more to it though. The weird rabbit shots give me hope

24. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Yea, that’s told in synopse. I’m sure it’ll get much deeper than that

yung_ting likes this.
  25. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Not that I’d be disappointed otherwise, it’d just be cool if there was more to story than that which I assume there will be

Anxiously awaiting regardless

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.