Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 452

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The Christmas Sabrina episode will fill that void for me

2. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

3. Gremlins is GOAT

chewbacca110 and Cory like this.
  4. currytheword

Trusted

Need to find a copy of Black Christmas for this season. Been a long time since i've seen it.

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

It’s on Shudder. I actually plan on starting it tomorrow.

currytheword likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

It is amazing that being a horror fan I don't have this yet. I just can't justify another streaming account right now between Netflix, HBO Now, and YoutubeTV.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  7. Kuri44

Its on Showtime app as well

currytheword likes this.
  8. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I haven't seen the original Black Christmas, but I unabashedly love the remake. It's sort of mean, which is what I appreciated about it.

This is really specific, but the blood splatter after the candy cane stabbing in the asylum is HI-LAR-IOUS.

9. BackyardHero11

Trusted

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  10. currytheword

Trusted

I read some comments on a bloody disgusting article regarding Warwick Davis's decision to not be in the new Leprechaun movie. He cites having kids right now makes him not interested in doing horror, but maybe in the future. People just flat out bashed him for not returning to the series "that made him."

Uh, don't recall ever hearing of the Leprechaun series making bank. Do people not know he was in multiple Harry Potter films, as well as 3 Star Wars films?

Aaron Mook and ChaseTx like this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Also starred in the movie Willow. Now why won't Jennifer Anniston do the reboot as well?!?! The original movie made her a superstar!

currytheword likes this.
  12. currytheword

Trusted

I forget every time that she was even in that. Reaction is always "wow."

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  13. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

@angrycandy found one

New Gasper Noe film, Climax:

French dancers gather in a remote, empty school building to rehearse on a wintry night. The all-night celebration morphs into a hallucinatory nightmare when they learn their sangria is laced with LSD.

OotyPa and angrycandy like this.
  14. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

oh yeah I’ve been waiting on this one for a bit actually haha. I hear good things

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I watched Black Christmas today and loved it. I’ve heard it named a feminist movie before and I can see why.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Now I know where the whole “the call is coming from inside the house” thing is from

currytheword and chewbacca110 like this.
  17. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Black Christmas pioneered a lot of horror tropes. Super important movie for the slasher subgenre. Glad you enjoyed it!

18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I thought it was from When A Stranger Calls, which I haven’t seen

19. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Both use the line, but Black Christmas came first.

currytheword and Cory like this.
  20. lettersandnumbers

Regular

So Begotten was definitely a movie

21. currytheword

Trusted

The remake was a shell of the original, while the original When A Stranger Calls is excellent imo.

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

Did anyone watch the new Into the Dark? Pooka? I thoroughly enjoyed most of it but was super confused at the end, idk if I missed something, or what haha. but it was crazy, weird, and fun overall. imagery was cool.

supernovagirl and Kuri44 like this.
  23. Mason

Regular

Haven't watched it yet, but was intrigued when I saw the trailer. Did you watch the other two Into the Dark ones? If so, are they worth checking out?

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah I've watched them all. The Body was very enjoyable. more fun than scary haha, but a little long for what I think the concept could handle. Flesh and Blood I thought was a really good thriller.

Mason likes this.
  25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Aaron Mook likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.