Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 451

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

yeah I wouldn't say Jane Doe was bad as like an old Eli Roth movie or anything, but it did make me a little squeamish. Especially because after watching six feet under I was like oh yeah I could totally do this for a living and then this movie made me realize I could not lol. there was a lot of tension because every time they worked on the body I was constantly waiting for something to happen which was very stressful but enjoyable

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've been wanting to see Jane Doe for like a year now so glad I'll finally be able to

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  3. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I really liked Jane Doe. Laid like $15 bucks for it on demand after it first came out, worth it for sure.

4. ChaseTx

I'm either spoiled by streaming availability or too poor to pay for movies I might not enjoy or watch again

or maybe both

riotspray likes this.
  5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I just watched High Tension. It was a good cat-and-mouse thriller up until the reveal at the end. So much for lgbt representation...

BirdPerson likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Yea I saw it over ten years ago and was good until the twist

7. Anyone else use Tubi TV? The app randomly appeared on our smart TV the other day and I browsed over 1000 free horror titles alone on it. Lots of trash for sure, but also some unlikely winners. Finally saw The Loved Ones and I'm doing Sleepaway Camp tonight.

OotyPa likes this.
  8. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I’ve been using it for horror lately. I love it. If you’ve never seen Sleepaway Camp...you’re in for a treat haha. I wanna hear your thoughts.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away

I downloaded Tubi for watching Suspiria but haven't used it since. What are some of your favorites on there?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. Yeah, people had mentioned it to me in passing but I thought it was like a pirate site or something. Only two ads per movie, it's fantastic. And this is my first time, but I know the twist due to an old Robot Chicken sketch haha...I'll still report back.
    Thankskilling was hot garbage, but Puppet Master and The Loved Ones were both a blast. I haven't watched much else yet, but I'll keep this thread posted on anything I find there. I wonder if it still has Suspiria.

11. Is there a Chrome extension or something that blocks out mentions of Trump? I want that for Hereditary. Like, that's how much that movie fucked me up. Just saw the poster on the front page of IMDb and I was like WELP not sleeping anytime soon.

12. ChaseTx

I don't think I was that deeply affected by Hereditary. It was decent and I need to watch it again soon I guess

13. Wow, Sleepaway Camp was...something. I think I loved it? Obviously some questionable story elements in there, some of it earned and some of it not, but as a product of its era, it's absolutely fascinating.

And that ending is absolutely horrifying. Not because of the twist, but because of the face and sounds she's making.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

My memory of Sleepaway Camp is that my best friend and I rented it from Blockbuster to watch while we stayed the night on the pull-out couch in the office of his mom's garage door business. Not only did we watch a fucked up movie that our 14 year old minds could barely handle, we decided to watch it while STAYING THE NIGHT IN A PLACE OF BUSINESS.

15. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Listen to the episode of How Did This Get Made? about this movie. It’s so funny and they point out a lot of things. You’ll enjoy it.

Aaron Mook and chewbacca110 like this.
  16. MrDaveH

Regular

You Might Be The Killer is streaming now on Shudder.
    Pretty fun love letter to slashers.

ChaseTx likes this.
  17. Boy, aside from a few kill scenes, Day Of the Dead was a SLOG. Really disappointed in that one.

18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Kuri44 and ChaseTx like this.
  19. currytheword

Trusted

I've always enjoyed this movie and thought it was underrated. Reading the response the marketing team gave them when they responded to how the movie was being presented is one of the cringiest things i've ready all year. That's actually saying something.

20. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Nearly ten years later and studios still don’t really believe teen girls are an audience worth marketing to. It’s insane. Anyway, JB is great, and I’m glad that at least now it’s getting some love.

21. Kuri44

In the mood to watch some Christmas horror movies today. I have Black Christmas (1974), Krampus, and Hulu’s Into The Dark: Pooka! on the line up so far, all of which I’ve never seen.

BackyardHero11 and ChaseTx like this.
  22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Have you seen The Children?

23. Kuri44

I have not, This is actually my first time hearing about it haha, Looking it up right now! What are your thoughts on it

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Gremlins

Aaron Mook and Cory like this.
  25. yung_ting

Trusted

Better Watch Out

Aaron Mook and airik625 like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.