Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 450

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Puppet Master is another film I obsessed over as a kid but never actually saw, and I'm finally glad to report it fucking rules

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I loved Puppet Master when I was younger

I’ll always have a soft spot for those films

3. currytheword

Trusted

My girlfriend and I also picked up on the Hill House thing, but it was upon watching that since we’d seen GG already. I think the movie 100% should’ve ended with just a slightly shorter epilogue and no court room scene. That was cringe inducing.

OotyPa likes this.
  4. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I watched CAM last night and the now I think about it the more I like it. Strong recommend

SpyKi and yung_ting like this.
  5. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Is it found footage? That’s hit or miss with me

6. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I see CAM and immediately think VHS for whatever reason

7. ChaseTx

8. Thankskilling was pretty much dogshit even for an intentionally bad movie

edit: will still probably try the sequel because I am a masochist

9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

when i was a kid i thought Master of Puppets by Metallica and Puppetmaster were the same thing and / or based on each other. finally figured it out at like 15 that they were not the same or related in any way.

Jake Gyllenhaal and angrycandy like this.
  10. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I watched that a couple nights ago. I was pretty indifferent. Worth a watch for sure. But I feel like the final act was a bit of a let down.
    That movie is awful haha. I had no idea there was a sequel.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I just finished Rob Zombie’s 31 and I didn’t really care for it.

airik625 and MrDaveH like this.
  12. MrDaveH

Regular

13. ChaseTx

Hmm here's Terrified doing about one of the the only things that can make me literally gasp 20 minutes in

jkauf likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Just finished Mandy. Really does seem like the ideal horror film. Just completely batshit and beautiful at once. I absolutely loved it, though I had to read some plot summaries for certain parts.

Curious to see what people make of the film's overall message.

yung_ting, angrycandy and Cory like this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I was pretty let down by it also. Haven’t even had an urge to go back and rewatch it.

16. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I just finished the original Prom Night with Jamie Lee Curtis. I actually...kinda liked it. It was cheesy, but it actually made me care about characters in a slasher flick. And the fact that the villain was a guy in a ski mask made actually made it scarier, since it was more real.

currytheword likes this.
  18. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I’m probably in the minority but I could never get into Prom Night and Halloween because of the graininess of the film (I know, low budget movies and all), but it’s distracting and takes me out of the film. I’ve softened up on the original Halloween over the years.

19. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Just saw Anna and the Apocalypse. Quite a bit better than I figured it'd be

ChaseTx likes this.
  20. I know there are a few Purge apologists in here. Has anyone watched the series? Any good?

21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm probably one of those people, considering what made my best-of list lol

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Also
    The Clovehitch Killer was good
    The Nun was not

yung_ting likes this.
  23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i am really excited for the autopsy of jane doe to hit netflix at the end of the month. that is a movie i have wanted to see badly for a long time but it somehow always escaped me or i forgot about it somehow. i heard good things, can anyone speak to it?

jkauf likes this.
  24. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

I really, really liked this movie. Definitely a top contender in the "happy song is made creepy" genre. It's also kind of gruesome, so be warned. I know the title literally tells you it's about an autopsy, but I was a little surprised by how squeamish it made me.

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

yeah thats what ive heard. well the body horror stuff anyway

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.