Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 448

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

2010: Let Me In
    2011: Insidious / Human Centipede 2
    2012: VHS
    2013: The Conjuring
    2014: The Babadook
    2015: Creep / The Visit
    2016: The Witch
    2017: Get Out
    2018: Hereditary

2. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Man, 2011 was great

3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Mandy is on Shudder now. I might watch it tonight.

Cory likes this.
  4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

watch it

you won’t regret it

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm psyched to check it out. See what the fuss is about

6. I still haven't processed my overall feelings for that movie tbh

7. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

That movie was insane af

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Mandy is bizarre. A lot of fun. I really hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. If you have trouble thru the first half, it’s a little slow and the visuals are pretty psychedelic, but stick it out for the chaos Nic Cage brings in the second and third acts.

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Since I brought it up in here before, we have that shady video store in town that is somehow still open and no one is ever there. Well the other day I saw like a whole family in there. I was so floored I had to text like everybody I've ever met in my whole life. so like apparently we just have a random video store in town is that somehow still open. I mean I guess it could still be a drug front and also a video store

BirdPerson and currytheword like this.
  10. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Money laundering for sure haha

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

It was after the halfway mark and I still didn’t see Cage action. That chainsaw duel though

12. Kiana

has to be. I always want to send in a decoy to try to rent a movie and see what happens but I'm too scared to do it myself!! today when I drove by there was a man sitting on a stool. Watch him be totally innocent and I'm just a weird creeper who stalks them. Horror movie plot twist!

13. currytheword

Trusted

How have you not visited yet is the real question.

14. Kiana

I tend to forget about it unless I drive by. it looks super shady though and this is like literally the only time I've ever seen anyone in there before. I've looked in the windows and they have current movies and movie posters so it's not some run-down old building. One time I even got super curious enough to like Google the owners and the business info like I'm randomly really obsessed with this video store but also scared to go in lol

15. currytheword

Trusted

I feel like this will be a milestone in your life when you finally open that door.

16. Kiana

I'm going to laugh if it ends up being like some super wholesome local mom-and-pop shop

currytheword likes this.
  17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Thoroughly enjoyed The Ritual. Never felt too scared at all throughout but thought the motif of luke’s trauma reappearing was fascinating and i found the dialogue very clever and lol-worthy at times

18. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Hahaha. Your paranoia drives you to murder! I’d watch that movie.

19. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

@Kiana is it a Family Video? Because I worked at one for 6 years and could answer all of your questions about it if so.

20. Kiana

No it's locally-owned and independent which is part of its mystique

21. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Somehow I always unsubscribe to this thing by accident but we watched Cube last night

Man cube rules

xapplexpiex likes this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Is it that sometimes you don't get a notification about a new post here? That happens to me all the time and I have to go the Entertainment (or Politics) Forum and see which ones I'm subscribed to but with a new post.

23. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

has anyone seen the original House of Wax with Vincent Price lately? it used to be my favorite as a kid, but I'm not sure it holds up

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Looks like Misery is now on Shudder. That’s an older fave of mine and Kathy Bates puts in a wonderful performance. I highly recommend.

chewbacca110 and BirdPerson like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.