Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 376

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. currytheword

Trusted

Did A Quiet Place do really well commercially? I saw it in theaters but I feel like everyone I asked about it said they hadn't seen it yet.

Edit: Such a dumb thing to say after re-reading it. Was in my own little world for a second.

2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah, it did well

currytheword likes this.
  3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

$330 million on a $20 million budget... yea it did alright.

chewbacca110 and currytheword like this.
  4. the Yahtzee scene in The Visit still kills me.... it makes me laugh just thinking about it.

zigbigwig and currytheword like this.
  5. currytheword

Trusted

Yep, that's where the sequel talk comes from.

I'm iffy about the thought of a sequel, I don't know that you could add much more to the story to warrant a solid sequel. But if Emily Blunt is on board, i'll see it.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  6. Jake Gyllenhaal

I wouldn't mind if it takes the direction of 28 Weeks Later and have different characters in another part of the country

7. currytheword

Trusted

I usually don't get caught off guard too often by horror movies anymore, and being that MNS had lost me for some time with his movies, I believe I was apprehensively watching this movie. When the big reveal came over the laptop conversation with their mother, I became genuinely anxious as all the pieces came together in my head and I was like GET OUTTA THERE. The third act played out perfectly, which is almost always where horror movies suffer imo. It was a pleasant return to greatness for MNS and I recommend this movie a lot to people when he's brought up.

8. currytheword

Trusted

I feel like it's the only way it works for them. Hopefully Krasinki wants to be involved again too in some form.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I know the comedy/horror tone was kind of dinged in reviews for it, but I was super impressed with it and totally agree that it was his return to form.

Aaron Mook and currytheword like this.
  10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Kind of letdown by The Loved Ones.

11. TedSchmosby

Trusted

How come?

12. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Still waiting on 28 Months Later :(

currytheword and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. Jake Gyllenhaal

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I’m curious why too. I had a lot of fun with that one.

15. Need to watch The Loved Ones soon. Maybe tomorrow night.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  16. GBlades

Trusted

Kinda curious about The Loved Ones now. Is this the 2009 film?

17. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Yea, Australian film. Prom night gone bad haha. It gets pretty twisted. I enjoyed it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. GBlades

Trusted

I'll have to look it up, got a constant backlog first that i'll need to go through.

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

oakhurst, jkauf, zigbigwig and 3 others like this.
  20. currytheword

Trusted

That’s AMAZING.

21. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

So awesome. I have my copies on my shelf. Can’t wait to see what he does. A GDT spin on those illustrations is going to kill.

22. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Embarrassed to admit this but I have no idea what Scaries To Tell in the Dark is but after searching it totally looks like right up my alley.

Do the stories hold up?

23. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

They’re children’s books. The stories are ok. I still reread them every once in a while when I’m bored. They’re mostly famous for the bizarre illustrations that are headscratchers when you realize that most kids were pulling these out of their elementary school library. Eventually they got pulled, had the illustrations redone to be more tame, then faced a major backlash and switched them back to the originals.

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. currytheword

Trusted

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark was a staple in my childhood, they're great. Probably the first horror books I ever read and they scared the crap out of me. You have to buy the original copies with Gammell's illustrations though.

zigbigwig, Cory and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

70s horror is unbelievably on point, i give it a slight edge vs modern

EASheartsVinyl and angrycandy like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.