Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 372

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Horns was so weird and remains one of the most, like...... viscerally disconcerting horror movies ive seen in only how cagey and strange and off-kilter it was. not sure it was really any good, or that i would feel the same way going back into it after a few years since now i know, but what a fever dream of a movie that visually does not bill itself as such

currytheword likes this.
  2. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

This sounds awesome then lol. I love body horror

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Definitely report back with your thoughts!

Cameron likes this.
  4. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

That was written by Joe Hill right?

5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

mhm. directed by the same guy behind High Tension (which is imo one of the worst NFE films lol), Mirrors, Hills Have Eyes remake

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  6. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Horns the movie is based on the book of the same title, written by Joe Hill (Stephen King’s son). Not sure how close it follows though since I haven’t seen the film or read the book

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I liked Horns the first time I watched it and loved it the second time. It's a pulpy tale of revenge that never slows down and it has a beautiful colour palette.

8. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Horns was great.

Late to the party, but Tusk was pretty fun but far from left field for KS. He did Red State, his first entry into the horror franchise, which I thought was pretty great. Tusk was just next up, the first in a purposed triology. Never saw Yoga Hosers, looked pretty awful haha.

Edit: @Aaron Mook haha, I didn’t see your edit mentioning Red State. My bad.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. MrDaveH

Regular

Yoga Hosers was complete garbage. It made me almost as mad as his entry in Holidays.

Don't waste your time.

10. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

His entry on Holidays was pretty bad haha. Don’t need Yoga Hosers to ruin it for me

zigbigwig likes this.
  11. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Most of the stories in Holidays seemed more like proof-of-concepts than anything, but I thought a lot of them were cool.

I agree that one was pointless though.

12. I saw Yoga Hosers opening night with some friends and we had a blast lol just silly, campy fun. Also enjoyed Holidays, but I'm a sucker for anthologies.

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I bought Horns when it came out because I enjoyed the book. I remember liking the movie a lot too, but I haven't watched it since.

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

16. currytheword

Trusted

No, this was running as one of those short 6 second ads specifically on Youtube videos before the videos begin. I would imagine it probably was seen by thousands of people who aren't into Horror, and I wish I could watch every single one of them get scared haha. I love scaring people.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I'm pretty pumped for The Nun. I've enjoyed all the Conjuring universe films to some degree. The one I'm most looking forward to though is Crooked Man. so creepy.

currytheword likes this.
  18. currytheword

Trusted

I really loved The Conjuring, and I thought the direct sequel was maybe just 1 step down from the original. The Annabelle movies did nothing for me. I felt like Wan's absence in the story writing/directing was obvious.

19. currytheword

Trusted

Please, for the love of all things good, Hand the torches of Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil over to Wan so we can forget all the wrong PWSA has done.

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

21. BackyardHero11

Trusted

yeah the Conjuring 2 I thought was great but something was definitely missing from it to hold it to the strength of the first, I thought Annabelle Creation was a solid flick that fit in the universe while not up to par with The Conjurings. James Wan apparently filmed second unit on The Nun so hopefully his presence is more felt.

currytheword likes this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Our House was so, so bad.

currytheword likes this.
  23. Kuri44

Watched mother! Yesterday. I thought it was brilliant, especially after I decided reading what the characters represent, etc. That really helped me make more sense of the story. Highly recommend. Loved JL’s performance.

chewbacca110 and Aaron Mook like this.
  24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Angst is on Prime and should be mandatory viewing. Watch it.

25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Anyone seen Emelie? It’s on Netflix, and looks interesting. Never heard of it.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.