Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 358

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

STrangest part of the original Halloween - Lindsey’s house with that totally random and separated laundry room. It’s a nice looking 2 story house in the suburbs and yet they have to have their washer / dryer in a completely separate shack thing not connected to the house? What a pain in the ass that would be. Especially in winter in Illinois!

currytheword, Cory and BirdPerson like this.
  2. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Hahaha. That’s a super funny insight. Never noticed/questioned that.

3. marsupial jones

There’s a lot wrong with Zombie’s remake of Halloween but a major plot hole / continuity issue is when Laurie calls the cops after finding Annie she’s in Lindsey’s house. She then leaves and returns to Bobbie’s house. When the cops show up they immediately go to Bobbie’s house, not Lindsey’s which makes no sense. Granted this is the Director’s Cut so maybe Zombie cut dialogue or something from the theatrical that makes sense for this.

I’ve noticed as I get older that these little things become more apparent to me.

Aaron Mook and currytheword like this.
  4. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

You mean... Pasadena

5. marsupial jones

Ah yes, forgot they filmed it there. I guess that makes more sense but still a pain in the ass to get laundry done.

a nice person likes this.
  6. currytheword

Trusted

I also took notice to the fact that Michael rips the phone from the wall when he kills Laurie's adoptive parents, and then later Loomis calls the house and they then show a panning shot of the room, phone plugged in and ringing just fine. Very nice of Michael to put that back where he found it.

7. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

did an accidental horror marathon this weekend:

-finally watched the 2016 Blair Witch. I know a lot of people were down on it, but I thought it was fine! def some spooky tension
    -Happy Death Day, which was a BLAST! I wish I'd made time to see it in theaters
    -Coppola's Dracula, which is still not, like, good, but I enjoy the costumers and the drama of it

8. currytheword

Trusted

Blair Witch was pretty great....until they show the Blair Witch in the not too distant woods looking like an alien from Signs. The second it walked across the screen I laughed out loud and the movie was ruined for me haha.

9. personalmaps

omg YUP, I was really scared until they did that and it just took the wind right out of my sails. I really like the original BW and a lot of that is because it's all psychological and it feels SO real. I thought a lot of the camera stuff in this update was really fun though- the drone especially.

10. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Happy Death Day was a surprise for me when I saw it in theaters last fall. The actress in it is great.

11. currytheword

Trusted

Yeah, I think that's why the original was so successful. Never seeing what's messing with them or giving the witch a face added to the suspense and creepiness of it all. Then the climax in the house hits you like a ton of bricks.

They had a good run at it, but totally dropped the ball with the third act.

12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

the original Blair Witch is scary. as. fuck.

13. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

BirdPerson and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. personalmaps

she looks like a Dianna Agron/Blake Lively hybrid and she was SO funny. I loved it.

15. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Anybody watch Thoroughbreds or The Endless yet? Very excited to watch both

16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Have you seen Resolution? I’d watch that before The Endless.

Thoroughbreds is pleasant but def not a horror movie if that’s what you’re looking for

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I adore Resolution. Spring was great too but got a little hokey at the end.

Thoroughbreds looks like it will fall in with The Final Girls/Babysitter/Tragedy Girls in terms of lighthearted black comedy with horror elements but I still feel like that's a subset of the genre. Prevenge being my favorite of the recent crop.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  18. personalmaps

I liked Thoroughbreds a lot! Is The Endless streaming anywhere? I'm super excited for it.

19. currytheword

Trusted

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  20. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Idk it's up on torrent sites but not showing VOD til next month I think

21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

haha thanks! I'll take it!

currytheword likes this.
  22. Brother surprised me with some Barnes and Noble giftcards this past weekend (we share a membership) so I picked up some cheap blu-rays! Pet Semetary (which I remember loving), Salem's Lot (which I got bored with as a kid, but am excited to revisit as a patient adult), and Copolla's Dracula, which...intrugues me. Somewhere between the cast (fuck Gary Oldman tho), the director, Keanu Reeve's accent, and the costume design/direction, there's bound to be an interesting film in there.

23. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Speaking of King movies, what's the consensus on Silver Bullet? It's become an annual fall tradition for me to watch.

24. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I also liked the recent Blair witch. Thought it was great. That series in general is so divisive but I think its masterful at what it attempts to do. Haven't seen the equal to the original in forever tho Iassume it's kinda trash?

marsupial jones likes this.
  25. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

I love that movie. Young Terry O’Quinn makes me so happy.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.