Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 357

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

the crooked man freaked me out more than the nun, heh

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

My dad’s not a horror guy but was friends with a guy who ran a mom & pop video rental place when I was a kid and had no objection to me renting R-rated horror movies. This was how I was introduced to the Elm Street and Friday the 13th franchises

3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Haha team never had movie restrictions with horror either! It runs in the family a bit tho. My paternal grandma and my dad both love horror. Every time my grandma visits we have to get her set up so she can fall asleep to Jaws lol and she loves every terrible C list horror on Netflix and Chiller and Syfy

4. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Grandma sounds awesome

Aaron Mook and Kiana like this.
  5. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

for real, i used to just watch soap operas with my grandma haha
    not that there's anything wrong with soap operas...

6. Kiana

My grandma loves her novelas too. She's like novelas + gameshow network + horror + sports. It was actually kinda annoying cause the entire time she visited here she just wanted to watch Dodgers games on TV because ironically she doesn't get Dodgers games in California /cool story

ChaseTx likes this.
  7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

does your grandma live with anyone a bit more familiar with new technology? there are subreddits with game streams for all the big 4 American sports. it's how i watch yankees games here in san jose. all she'd need is an internet connection and adblock

edit: actually with the regular trusted streamers, you can turn adblock off (no malicious ads)

Kiana likes this.
  8. Kiana

She does but idk if my uncles help her. Cause she doesn't know how to do anything tech related like sis thought she changed her Netflix password but she changed her email password and was so confused trying to login to Netflix on her tablet so she could watch her Jaws lmao. When my dad visits he sets up games to stream but I don't think she gets it without his help.

BirdPerson likes this.
  9. personalmaps

citrus & cinnamon Prestigious

Omg my grandma is the same way! She’s the reason I like horror at all. She got me hooked on Stephen King books in 7th grade. I wish our grandmas could hang out lol.

Kiana likes this.
  10. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I podcasted with my friend about Hereditary, if anyone wants to listen. SPOILER-HEAVY!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. BackyardHero11

Trusted

can't wait for the crooked man movie! love this "horror universe" though

BirdPerson likes this.
  12. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

i didnt know this thread existed hello!

and I saw Hereditary yesterday and oh my god i wanna see it again now knowing there was so many little things i missed

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

same here. james wan is making a decent franchise here

what up dude, welcome

BackyardHero11 and y2jayjk like this.
  14. Blainer93

Prestigious Supporter

Saw Hereditary last night, wasn’t as terrified as everyone else who saw it but it definitely had its moments to where I felt uneasy. Overall very great movie.

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Watched Blue Ruin this morning and thought it was alright. Not sure if it would be considered horror or not.

16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

It’s not, but it’s great

Night Channels likes this.
  17. Jake Gyllenhaal

Watch Green Room if you haven’t

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Loved Green Room. Didn’t realize until now Saulnier directed Blue Ruin.

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

And the lead guy in Blue Ruin plays one of the supremacists

20. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I’m drawing a blank on what to watch tonight. Nothing is grabbing my attention on any of the platforms. Any recs?

21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

watched the best worst movie doc last night. george hardy really does seem like the most genuine person ever. really need to see troll 2 now.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Cory likes this.
  23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

gonna watch annabelle creation tonight i think.

24. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I thoroughly enjoyed that one. the first Annabelle is the only one from the Conjuringverse I haven't seen yet.

BirdPerson likes this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.