Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 322

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  2. wisdomfordebris Feb 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2018)
    wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

3. As if going to the dentist wasn't terrifying enough as a kid.

4. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Omg I have a tooth brushing dragon in my classroom and it is NOT that creepy

5. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Hahaha. Those are terrifying. So awesome

6. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Cory likes this.
  7. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

8. The Ritual was very, very rad. The more I think about it, the more I love it.

Cameron, airik625 and Vivatoto like this.
  9. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Messiah of Evil is free on Amazon Prime and in spite of its low budget it has one of the all time creepiest atmospheres.

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Watched Gothika for the first time since seeing it in theaters. It wasn't as good as I remembered, but I still enjoyed it.

11. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

I liked The Ritual, but much like many other horror movies before it that I’ve seen, it suffers in the third act.

12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

I rewatched The Ritual with my girlfriend the other night and its flaws were way more obvious. Themes could have been explored way better, the main cast all had extremely punchable faces, that guy's panting sounds were hilarious, half-baked mythology, and a small but distracting question: did 'preparing [Dom] for sacrifice' consist of anything other than taking him upstairs and beating him up? Did I miss something?. I still found it to be a total blast, though, and the monster was pretty rad although in the end they should've shown less of it.

13. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

also this is the movie i was talking about earlier:

Messiah of Evil (1973)

strongly recommended. carnival of souls is its most obvious predecessor, but it also reminded me a bit of fulci's the beyond, suspiria, and in the mouth of madness

14. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I actually found the cast to be pretty endearing, their friendship was pretty believable and unlike my problem with the setup of horror movies their banter was actually believable/they talked like people. I was on board right away.

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

ugh i personally couldn't stand any of their banter hahah

16. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

dom's face was super punchable. like that asshole would have been some hero in that situation.

17. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

@Night Channels I finally started watching Channel Zero (season 1). I love it.

Joe and Night Channels like this.
  18. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Anywhere to stream Channel Zero?

19. Vivatoto

That's what I was waiting for but I ended up just buying it on Amazon. It might be somewhere though, I didn't search super hard, just the obvious Hulu, Netflix, Amazon..

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Syfy has full episodes but I could only watch one of S2 before it wanted cable sign in. So far S3 is fine with the ads

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. I did the same thing.

Vivatoto likes this.
  22. Vivatoto

23. Agreed! I think I have two episodes left of season 2.

Night Channels likes this.
  24. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

I still have to finish No End House but we took a break for some dumb reason so I wanna watch it from the beginning

Just out on the first ep of Butcher's. Block, that opening... christ

Night Channels likes this.
  25. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

They definitely took Dom up to the room full of creepy immortal corpses before they sacrificed him. Not gonna spoiler movie has been out for a while now.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.