Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I'm not expecting much from The Conjuring 2. 31, however, oughta be a pure blast when it finally comes out in September. Haven't been a fan of Rob's material since The Devil's Rejects, but this looks like it's gonna be good. The positive reviews from Sundance also helps the anticipation.

2. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I'm happy to see Zombie get back to a plot that is reminiscent of his early stuff, which I think he does best. Plus it reminds me of those Manhunt video games from rockstar. So fucked up and fun.

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

31 should be dope

4. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Funny that you say that as I just started Manhunt. Haven't played it since 9th grade. I can definitely see the similarities.

5. Threads

Regular Prestigious

Anybody else excited for Phantasm Ravager? I was really hyped at the time of the announcement since the first is one of my absolute favorites but it's been so long now and we still haven't heard much of anything. At this point I'll just be happy with the earlier films seeing a blu-ray release.

It's too bad that Angus Scrimm passed away before the film released though.

6. Full Effect Ed

Yeah man, if anything it's definitely going straight to video for sure. Maybe a screening here & there but nothing beyond that. It's been so long since the initial surprise announcement that I constantly forget about it.

And I'm usually in the minority regarding this but I've always been a Phantasm < Phantasm ll kind of guy. The main thing I don't like about it though is the big studio recasting of A. Michael Baldwin as Mike. Nothing against James LeGros or anything but Baldwin IS Mike.

7. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Phantasm 2 is like one of my top favorite 80's horror flicks, just completely ridiculous and over the top. In case you all haven't seen it, here's a few reasons why:

-Four barrel shotgun
    -Laser orb
    -Chainsaw fight

8. Full Effect Ed

"It's only a dream....NO, IT'S NOT"

DarkHotline likes this.
  9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

:demon:

10. Full Effect Ed

11. DarkHotline

@irthesteve, still waiting on that announcement for RotLD :verysad:

12. Collins

Trusted

Has Rob Zombie made anything worth watching post Halloween? I remember hearing a little bit about the Witches of Salem but I don't remember it ever showing around here.

13. DarkHotline

WoS was pretty decent. Cool concept and I dug how it was shot. Haven't rewatched it since the first time I saw it though and that was 2013 I think?

14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

hahaha, I know I know. Patience is a virtue, or something... that's what they say I suppose. Soon. Soon.

15. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Lords of Salem!

And Halloween 2 is widely considered better than the first remake

16. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

The only Zombie movie I've seen was The Devil's Rejects and I wasn't crazy about it.

17. Collins

Trusted

Really? I remember the consensus being that it was much worse at the time, at least online. I did like it though. I thought it was messy, but he had a lot of interesting stuff going on there.

I think they had a 3D sequel in the works with somebody that wasn't Zombie but it fell apart a couple years later.

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I consider House and Rejects to be two of my favorite horror films

19. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I love Devil's Rejects. Definitely my favorite of the Zombie films. I really enjoyed his Halloween remake too. A lot thought it was a pompous reinterpretation, but I really think he's too much of a horror fan himself to believe that he thought he was making an improved version of the original.

20. Full Effect Ed

House of 1,000 Corpses & The Devil's Rejects are two personal favorites of mine, I'm really hoping he can pull of a third film with the Firefly Family that he's been teasing as of late. Other than that, I wasn't crazy about Lords of Salem (maybe I should give it a second viewing in the near future) and his two Halloween films were just ok. I'm really anticipating 31 though, looks and sounds extremely promising.

21. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm actually surprised to see all the Zombie love in here. It's been years since I've seen House and Rejects, but considering I'm a bachelor this weekend it looks like I'll be revisiting.

22. Collins

Trusted

I loved the beginning and end of House. I felt the middle kind of dragged but it's been a while since I've seen it. I still haven't got around to watching Devil's Rejects but that might change this weekend.

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Thought you were taking about the Japanese film House, there are no bad parts in that

Joe likes this.
  24. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to go to Frightmare with me, should hopefully be a fun time, I've never been.

25. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Double post but the love for the Japanese film House cannot be understated, it's ridiculous in the best way.

Joe and ChaseTx like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.