Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 259

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

woah, Leatherface is out a month before it's wide release? seems like that would hurt box office quite a bit

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

release isn't so wide, i think. it's being branded under fathom events in my neck of the woods.

Joel likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I’m so excited for Leatherface

4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Leatherface is one of those limited engagement/same-day VOD releases. October 20th.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

yeah, i saw jeepers creepers 3 is playing one night only? at least thats what i remember the advertisement saying

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

One night too many

7. Full Effect Ed

This Tuesday night in Regal Cinemas

Speaking of...I know all the controversy with Victor Silva, but I don't remember everyone boycotting the first two films the way everyone's now against this new one. It's not like this is news what he did either, it happened back in 1989.

8. Shrek

The ubiquity of the internet now v. 2003 and prior is night and day, the info being out there doesn't mean it was common info

ChaseTx likes this.
  9. Shrek

Also what Victor Salva did is way above "controversy", he's a human piece of shit

Vivatoto and fame like this.
  10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Remember when Francis Ford Coppola funded Victor's movies

11. Full Effect Ed

Still does. Part 3 is produced by his company.

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

So it's not available today? Sorry I'm a bit confused.

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

14. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

i think its available with DirecTV?

15. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Friend Request this weekend dudes, get hype

electro haikus likes this.
  16. Full Effect Ed

Yes, it's available to Directv subscribers exclusively until 10/20

airik625 likes this.
  17. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

A Dark Song was ok

18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Oh until 10/20. I misread and thought it said available ON 10/20. Thanks

19. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Just watched A Ghost Story. I understand it's a crowdsplitter, but dear god, I can't believe I made it through the entire movie. They laid in bed for 5 minutes straight in a single shot, she ate a pie for 6 minutes straight in a single shot, Will Oldham spewed out some superfluous "thought-provoking" theory for 10 minutes that could have been summed up in a couple seconds with a single sentence. And the rest of the movie was a ghost standing in an off-centered shot. I was so looking forward to this. Oh well, the music/score was good so I'm glad I grabbed it on vinyl.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. WordsfromaSong

Trusted

Haven't seen it but I wasn't under the impression that that was supposed to be a horror movie

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

oh yeah, it's not even remotely branded as horror, supposed to be a slow Malick-esque arthouse thing

22. Dog with a Blog

It’s not horror. It’s also my favorite movie of the year so far.

michael_gatto likes this.
  23. Dog with a Blog

That pie scene was one of the best representations of what’s it's like to grieve that I’ve ever seen on film. It’s not supposed to be an easy watch. I’m saying you needed to like, but there was clearly purpose, especially behind that scene in particular

24. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

Yeah at first just from the name I thought it was going to be suspenseful/spooky, then I watched the trailer and realized it was going to be more artistic/experimental - however I was still secretly hoping for a few suspenseful spots. But this was the closest thread I could think of posting about the movie in, hah. I decided to watch it though because I had heard about the split opinions on it so I wanted to see it for myself. And I can understand both sides' opinion of the movie, but it just wasn't for me.

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  25. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Definitely going to sign up for a directtv free trial to watch leatherface and then cancel it. hopefully it works lol.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.