Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 210

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. mad May 27, 2017
    (Last edited: May 28, 2017)
    mad

I was right. Prestigious

Watching Coherence for the second time and it's like a totally different movie. Definitely a recent favourite.

2. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Just watched Raw. Wow. Like Hounds of Love, I wouldn't call it a horror movie -- I'd compare to something like Requiem for a Dream. There's a lot that I still need to digest (ha ha), but my immediate reaction is to say that it will likely end up as one of my favourite movies of all time, honestly. I was expecting a lot of body horror, and for the extravagance of that to be the focus, but instead the film offered a genuinely considerate look at the dangers of an eating disorder. The cannibalism was as shocking as it should have been, and obviously allowed for those scenes of "body horror", but it was also such a poignant way to emphasize the girl's gradual descent into herself. I don't know, my mind is reeling right now, but the least I can say is that it's just as affecting as the fainting reports made it sound, though not in the visceral way that I expected it to be. A truly beautiful and important film. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable recommending to anyone, but I know it's one I'll hold personal to me for a long time.

Cory and angrycandy like this.
  3. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I tried to watch some movie called Preservation or something but I only made it like two minutes in. Apparently I can't deal with bloody baby fetuses. I'm getting soft!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. TedSchmosby

Trusted

There's a twist in that movie that I've heard a few people say made the movie great, but I thought it was pretty silly overall

Kiana likes this.
  5. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

It looked silly before I even put it on tbh but I was bored and chose a movie at random. Def didn't expect it to be good, but I also didn't expect to be so grossed out. Idk who i am anymore!

6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Raw is a must watch.

AlwaysEvolving21 and angrycandy like this.
  7. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

watched A Perfect Getaway again last night. Love that movie. Highly recommended.

TedSchmosby likes this.
  8. aspeedomodel

Cautiously pessimistic Prestigious

Train To Busan was fantastic! Man that was what I needed. Going to try and check out the Wailing today or tomorrow.

Cameron, ChaseTx and angrycandy like this.
  9. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

I enjoyed this, it was fun, but if I recall there was like a huge lack of logic once the "twist" or revelation or whatever was discovered. Don't recall exactly but I remember thinking like, "boy that was a lot of useless extra work to get to this point" but I loved the cast and still enjoyed the hell out of it

10. marsupial jones

make a bagel without the hole

Watching Get Out tonight and some other stuff. Exciting.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. airik625

Yeah there were definitely a few gaps in the story and you can tell the twist was a little forced, but I still really enjoyed it also.

12. airik625

Did anyone else besides me enjoy A Cure For Wellness?

13. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Did anyone else besides you see A Cure for Wellness?

14. airik625

No one even bothered watching it and seeing for themselves?

15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I think I heard it was alright but goes too far or something? Idk its on my watchlist

I watched this movie called Aliens, it was pretty good

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I'm going to catch it next week when it comes out on DVD. Dane DeHaan is the man

BKO5950505 and airik625 like this.
  17. Dog with a Blog

Jesus, thank you for posting this. My buddy recommended this to me forever ago and I swear I ask him the title every six months or so and I was trying to ask him today but couldn't remember what it was called. Maybe I'll watch it one of these days haha.

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Really hoping Raw comes to Netflix or on demand soon.

19. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Do it!

I watched it on demand yesterday

Cameron likes this.
  20. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Cool! I'll see if it's on my Xfinity sub

21. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Dooo it, it's so good.

22. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

watching Funeral Diner for the first time

already love everything about it

Joel likes this.
  23. TedSchmosby

Trusted

what's that?

24. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

lol my bad. that's actually a band... I meant Blood Diner

too weird to try and explain tho

25. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

great band tho

angrycandy likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.