Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 208

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TedSchmosby

Trusted

I thought the same. Haven't seen the movies in nearly a decade, and don't think I'll ever revisit them, but the second was definitely more compelling

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I'm 13 minutes into Hostel and it feels like 30. I want these guys to die already

3. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

Yeah, it's not a good movie but it's better and more enjoyable than the first.

airik625 likes this.
  4. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Covenant was alright. Interesting that it keeps up the theme of Prometheus, in which was searching for God and meeting your creator, with Creation and what defines being a God.

5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

6. DarkHotline

I'm not holding my breath

7. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Yea...I mean I'll be leaving my expectations at the bottom of the barrel, but following RE1 or RE7 could fucking unbelievable if done right. Straight up survival horror.

8. DarkHotline

I could see them adapting RE7 for a movie, it has the familiar American horror tropes and it's just different enough to where you could pass it off as a reboot to regular audiences and they wouldn't even know.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  9. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt since the game for Resi 7 was perfect. They might actually have an idea of what fans want.

10. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I watched Tourist Trap last night. Actually felt unsettled at a couple of points. On the flip side, I think I laughed at things that weren't meant to be funny.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

The Hostels didn't do much for me

12. DarkHotline

OG Hostel was something to experience when it came out, can't say it's fully held up but there is some genuinely creepy moments in it.

13. ChaseTx

It's hurt by the characters being completely unbearable. Once the action starts it's fun though

14. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

So what's on everyone's most anticipated list? I'm pumped for It Comes At Night, but haven't really caught wind of any other releases the rest of the year. Been kind of lazy. What do I need to look forward to?

15. tvck

Trusted

too many pages to look, anyone have thoughts on RAW?

16. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Great film. Very well acted, effects look fantastic. A non traditional horror film for sure. More of a coming of age story with horror elements.

angrycandy likes this.
  17. tvck

Trusted

Saw the red band trailer for it before Logan awhile back, and have been wanting to watch it out of sheer curiosity. Looks pretty trippy.

18. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Hounds of Love

Cory likes this.
  19. angrycandy

and Raw is one of my favorite films

I can't wait till you all see it

michael_gatto likes this.
  20. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Agreed on It Comes at Night. I'm also interested in 47 Meters Down, Mom and Dad and Keep Watching. Those latter two don't have release dates yet but they should come out sooner rather than later

21. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

If this is your most anticipated, I'm assuming that means you weren't aware it leaked last week?
    It's very good

wakaflockajamez and angrycandy like this.
  22. I thought Hounds of Love was ok.

23. angrycandy

watching it rn. thanks for the heads up.

nice avatar btw. :heart: that album

24. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Not really horror, but just finished Hard Candy. Forgot how great that film is.

wakaflockajamez and Aaron Mook like this.
  25. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Just found out an indie theater in Miami was showing Hounds of Love and of course yesterday was the last day they had it...

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.