Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 180

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

RAW was interesting, to say the least. I expected an insanely fucked up, gore fest from the hype surrounding it, but what I got was a young woman's coming of age story.

angrycandy likes this.
  2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

you liked it tho, right?

3. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Yes, I did. There is one sequence where the music/mood/story hit its sweet spot and will probably stick with me for a while.

angrycandy likes this.
  4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

nice. it's my most anticipated film of the year, for sure. also good to hear you say it's not overtly gory so I don't go in with those same expectations. can't wait to see it

5. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Jeepers Creepers 3 is currently filming. I really liked the first one, but I read about the director a couple years ago. I don't want to give the movie any money but I want to see it somehow when it releases.

6. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Hasn't that been filming for like eight years? No way am I supporting that movie

7. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Watched The Canal tonight, pretty solid.

8. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I watched that in October, I don't remember much about it though. I think I was unimpressed

9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

It definitely didn't reinvent the wheel, but I enjoy horror with cameras seeing things our eyes don't

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. I thought The Canal was decent. There was one memorable scene that stuck with me afterwards:cringe:

11. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

That scene seemed incredibly out of place but props to the writer/director for actually managing to gross me out

Joe likes this.
  12. ChaseTx

I often wonder if my memory is just really bad. I forget some movies really fast

13. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Unless I'm way off, Joe and I are both referring to dead baby birth by dead wife

14. ChaseTx

I vaguely recall that as something that May have happened

15. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

To echo others, just saw Get Out. Great movie. I love a strong social commentary, but the actual horror has to stand up for me. Get Out did just that. Under the Shadow was a film that I felt had great commentary on the oppression of women in Iran, but the horror aspect of the film fell flat for me. Regardless, I just love seeing horror make stands like this. Only makes me look forward to our genre becoming stronger in the long run.

Also, purchased tickets to go see The Void. I'm fucking stoked to see it.

16. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

i kept ignoring Under the Shadow cause i didnt realize it was foreign and it looked like a generic horror movie but 98% and Iranian means i really should check it out

17. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Last night's movie was Patient Seven. Michael Ironside was convincing. I like anthologies with a common thread/framework to go with the vignettes, like Southbound.

18. Alex DiVincenzo

BrokeHorrorFan.com

You definitely should.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Rupture

Cory likes this.
  20. RonandTammy

Regular

Goddamn Peter Stormare, hell yes. I still think his role in 8mm is terrifying, and that movie in severely underrated.

Edit: For those who haven't seen the movie. So you know, the bound man is Joaquin Phoenix and that is James Galdonfini in there as well.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

8MM was alright. Always loved Peter Stomare though.

22. RonandTammy

Regular

For the time it came out, it was pretty edgy. I haven't seen it in probably a decade, but I think Cage was pretty subdued if I remember correctly.

23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

damn, haven't watched 8mm in years. if i can watch snake eyes unironically, surely i can make time for that one. i remember it being pretty good.

peter stormare rules

24. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Subject matter reminds me of Martyrs. Looks cool.

25. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

When it came out it seemed too gritty for me, despite already liking Se7en. So for whatever reason I put off seeing it until maybe 2 years ago and it didn't age well, at least for me. Not very scary.

jkauf likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.