Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 776

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah The Invisible Man was great. Loved how the camera work/cinematography really made the dread in the beginning. Just the creepy still shots on weird corners of the house was a nice touch. Also saw one of the twists coming, but still was surprised when it happened. Really hope Blumhouse is in charge of other “classic” monster movie remakes.

2. Gonna try and squeeze in Class of 1984 before I hit the hay

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Fuck it. Signed up for the 7 day trial of Shudder. Watching Host.

4. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

found a rare Army of Darkness director's cut DVD! pretty sure it only exists through Japanese MGM but plays on Australian DVD players so I'm super fucking lucky

man I love this movie. the ultimate argument for style over substance

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. michael_gatto

Trusted

Watched Wishmaster and had a blast. Loved the practical effects a lot. CG was a bit dated, but honestly just added to the late 90's charm of it. Probably going to make it a double feature and watch the 2nd now.

zigbigwig likes this.
  6. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Host is spoopy

7. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Started 30 Days as well

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. michael_gatto

Trusted

Wishmaster 2 was fun, but not nearly as fun as the first.

As far as fun sequels go though, I finally watched Texas Chainsaw Part 2, holy shit. Maybe this is a hot take? but I think I might like this more than the original?

9. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

There are two Arrow releases for Vamp, the European release and then there was a US release for it as well. I’ve got the North American Arrow disc

OhTheWater likes this.
  10. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

I fully agree on Chainsaw. The original is arguably the better film, but 2 is far more enjoyable.

michael_gatto likes this.
  11. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

features a baby-faced Michael J Fox!

12. Full Effect Ed

Here’s a picture of my copy..
    CD7AD552-6D3A-4BC0-97DB-D0793BF074AB.jpeg

OhTheWater likes this.
  13. michael_gatto

Trusted

Oh 100%. I'd never argue that TCM is better 2 is just insane and off the wall.

14. Full Effect Ed

I feel Part lll never gets the love or attention for its “back to basics” approach. While the new family (or any for that matter) will never be the Sawyer Family, I think the one included in “Leatherface” stand alone just well. I mean, it gave us Viggo Mortensen in one of his more insane roles

Aaron Mook and michael_gatto like this.
  15. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I liked it the first time, but just rewatched Doctor Sleep and it hit way harder this time (maybe it’s because it was the directors cut) — love it now.

Rowan5215 and Night Channels like this.
  16. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Watching Motel Hell for the first time.

17. Full Effect Ed

Such a goofy fun horror film

Contender likes this.
  18. I actually love how batshit crazy The Next Generation is, too. Not my favorite franchise, but definitely solid

19. michael_gatto

Trusted

I wish more of the TCM movies were streaming. I've now only seen the original, part 2 and 3D from 2013.

20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Idle Hands time. The opening credits/scene are a total misdirect from what the rest of the movie is, haha. Used to scare me so much as a kid

riotspray and Contender like this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Just clicked why they named him Anton, haha. Always thought it was a weird choice

22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I understand exactly what you mean by this, but while I can get behind that particular trope being flimsy in this case, it was still effective to me and provided enough for me to allow it to carry Harper's motivations. The childhood trauma was supposed to be comparable to a haunted house (I believe Harper even says she grew up in one) so her motivation is mainly born out of escaping a new haunted house instead of the abusive one she was used to. That was how I took it anyway.

23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Did From Beyond for the first time this morning. Wowee it makes so much sense that Brian Yuzna went on to do Society after seeing this. I assume his fingerprints are all over a lot of the creature design here. So much wetness.

jkauf, Aaron Mook and michael_gatto like this.
  24. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

watching Conjuring for the first time

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.