Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 773

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Lowkey loved last years Child Play

we’re doing a double feature of Girlhouse and Cam tonight

Aaron Mook, 333 GANG and riotspray like this.
  2. -deleted-

-

Amazed anyone liked that remake I really did not enjoy.

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Watching The Mortuary Collection per Deadkidsean’s rec

Contender and 333 GANG like this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Okay I just got finished with this and actually loved it. Ton of fun, I hope we get another one

airik625, Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  5. Doing What Happens Next Will Scare You and Spree. Somehow missed Joe Kerry and Kyle Mooney put out a black comedy horror about a spree killer this year.

michael_gatto likes this.
  6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Girlhouse... I don’t even know what to think about this move.

its problematic, entertaining, and I’m anxious

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

the spookiest screenname

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

Watched The Exorcist for the first time the other night and wow it was fuckin great

airik625 likes this.
  9. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

did not expect The Cleansing Hour to be that much fun. it definitely picked up as the movie went on

Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Cam was pretty good. I still don’t really understand the ending, but it was fun.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Checked another classic off last night and did Evil Dead II. Was reading through some of the imdb trivia this morning and while I knew that it was Ted Raimi playing Henrietta, I did not know this about the suit:

"The zombified Henrietta was actually played by Sam Raimi's little brother, Ted Raimi. He was forced to wear an extremely heavy full-body latex suit. With the addition of eye lenses and fake teeth, the only body part of Ted's the audience can see is his tongue when his mouth is open. The shooting location of Wadesboro, North Carolina was going through a heatwave at the time, and a combination of this and the cumbersome suit made the production extremely difficult for Ted Raimi. He would quickly become overheated and profusely sweat in the suit. The special effects team would have to pour the liters of sweat out of the suit into Styrofoam cups at the end of the shoot every day. In the climax of the film, the sweat can be seen pouring out of Henrietta's ear when she's flying through the air attacking Annie. Viewers can see it at the bottom of the screen when she turns to Ash and screams. There's a rumor that the effects team somehow used the collected sweat in a horrendous prank on Ted on his last day in the suit."

Not sure how entirely accurate this is, but good god, poor Ted haha

12. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

literally just watched that again haha

the inanimate objects laughing scene is one of the most creative things I've seen in horror, so fucking good

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

It goes full-on Pee Wee's Playhouse haha

Aaron Mook and michael_gatto like this.
  14. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

That’s a name I haven’t seen in years, holy shit lol

15. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

the witch who came from the sea was...something.

jkauf likes this.
  16. What Happens Next Will Scare you was not only charming, but had some genuinely creepy moments. Basically does what WNUF did for local television, but for the "real ghosts caught on tape" age of Youtube, educational videos, and more local television lol. Couldn't recommend it more while it's available for the next three days.

Spree was...something. "Killers filming themselves" movies are always weird because you're trying to figure out whether there's a message, and then to add social media on top of it, it's like...this is either not saying anything, or it's trying to say something super, super heavy-handed. I'd say Joe Keery's performance is worth the watch alone, and the movie is very stylish (although it gets taxing watching a full-length film that takes place largely on Instagram screens and dashcams). Works better if you can just treat it as entertainment as opposed to a film showing where spree killers come from. Also, as if a black comedy horror movie with actors from Stranger Things and SNL quietly dropping on VOD isn't bizarre enough, the movie is produced by Drake of all people lmao.

Contender likes this.
  17. Full Effect Ed

Never forget.

Attached Files:

imthesheriff and OhTheWater like this.
  18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Did Marrost make it over here ever? He was mean and I liked him

19. Oh yeah, wait, when are blurbs due for the new horror thread lol completely forgot about that

Contender and estebanwaseaten like this.
  20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

I believe Henry said to shoot by the 25th which is this sunday oh shit

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Haha fuck. Like I said, take me out of the running for writing about TCM 1. I'll just do TCM2

22. Full Effect Ed

I don’t even know who everyone’s new names are from back then haha

23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Can anyone do a blurb or were all the spots claimed?

24. Full Effect Ed

Good looking out, good thing I already reviewed my films on Letterboxd lol. I just sent them to Henry

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Anyone can! Henry was keeping a running list that you can probably find so you can see what movies were already taken.

Aaron Mook likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.