Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 625

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

What was your opinion of In The Tall Grass?

2. Aaron Mook Nov 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 2, 2019)
    Mentally preparing myself for The Lighthouse in a few hours lol

edit: preparing to spill my beans in a few hours, I mean

3. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Update: Totally forgot to put Creepshow on the list. Don't know how that one slipped by me since I had just watched the finale this week.

4. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Meh, some cool elements/parts, but nothing special.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  5. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

The Nightingale was way too rough for me lol

6. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

7. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

How do you mean? Without giving away too much i guess haha. I wanna watch it and my gf is also interested but I don’t want her walking into something she’s not ready for.

8. angel paste

there are some (spoilers/tw) rape scenes (emphasis on the plural) that are really intense and some brutal racial violence

it’s definitely important for the movie to say what it wants to say but not something I would recommend if you aren’t ready for it, it’s pretty much a period piece version of Irreversible

9. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, absolute trigger warning here but it is in no way gratuitous and is entirely essential to the story. I think it’s important that they made certain scenes really difficult to watch to properly depict the horrors of colonialism

I personally don’t think it’s nearly as graphic as Irreversible but it’s incredibly bleak

It’s also really, really good

angel paste likes this.
  10. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I had to Google the plot to hereditary after watching it especially for the ending. Yep that's what I figured happened but still had to confirm. Interesting

11. angel paste

yeah it's definitely more tasteful than Irreversible but that was the best comparison I could think of in terms of how horrible I felt lol

12. yung_ting

Trusted Supporter

oh yeah, had the same thought tbh

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

This is perfect. Thanks y’all! I have seen Irreversible so I think I can inform accurately enough and then we’ll see what happens. Regardless I will be watching it at some point.

yung_ting likes this.
  14. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

Annoyed that I have neglected to watch Raising Cain up until now because that was a weird and engrossing film that must have been an influence on the likes of Split but is way more enjoyable due to how much fun Lithgow is having playing five different characters and De Palma doing whatever he wants without a care for anything.

15. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Where are people watching The Nightingale?

16. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

It’s on Hulu now

17. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

18. OotyPa Nov 2, 2019
    OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was terrifying and amazing. Holy shit. That dinner scene tho.

19. zachmacD Nov 2, 2019
    zachmacD

Trusted

I watched The Exorcist for the first time in probably 15 years last night. God damn that movie is still the GOAT. I had my first nightmare in years after watching that then I woke up in the middle of the night and my cat was running around the apartment. I almost shit a brick lmao

20. I almost spilled my beans at The Lighthouse because the couple behind us managed to bring a whole big of chips and just crinkled the bag and crunched SO LOUD the first half of the movie.

Still an absolutely bonkers film, though.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

were they baked beans

chewbacca110 and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  22. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Currently in the theater waiting for The Lighthouse with three other people and none of us know what to expect at all.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  23. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I have so much on my slate coming up. The Lighthouse, the Nightingale, the Lodge, Parasite

333 GANG, michael_gatto and zachmacD like this.
  24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

WOW that was something else entirely omg

BackyardHero11, 333 GANG and mad like this.
  25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Child's Play was fun for what it was

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.