Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Really excited to watch Baskin tonight after work, my girlfriend and I had totally forgotten it after seeing the trailer so long ago

Cory and Vivatoto like this.
  2. subbin

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Got my TCM2 Blu Ray today! Poster/Cover/Alt Cover are all amazing. Watching the features now

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

The doc was really great. It's insane to me how nice of a dude Mosely seems like IRL compared to a character like Otis. He might be my favorite horror film actor. I wish he were utilized more

DarkHotline likes this.
  5. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Just watched Hooper's, "The Funhouse," for the first time in years. The antagonist's reveal remains one of the funniest scenes I've EVER seen in a film.

6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

That's the one where he's trying to pay for sex with one of the carnies, right?

7. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

So this is the new horror thread...hey everyone!

8. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Correct.

DarkHotline likes this.
  9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

That's in a four pack with Phantasm 2, The Serpent and The Rainbow, and Sssssss (lol) that I bought over the weekend. Haven't seen any of them, looking forward to them

11. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Hello all! Subbing for the new thread!

12. Full Effect Ed

Looks like the ap.net forums have officially closed. Looking forward to shootin' the shit with many of you in here.

13. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I'm bummed I didn't get a farewell post in like you did. 11 years I spent over there. Not too consistently. Oh well. I will say that the horror thread that you guys put together was the one thing that kept me returning for the last few years. So cheers to new beginnings!

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  14. Full Effect Ed

Thanks man it was blast for awhile, but then the regulars kinda went away and I never fully adjusted to the change. But when I heard the site was shutting down (I found out this morning actually), I spent the bulk of my day going through all the posts and getting a little emotional because I really loved that thread years ago. I felt it was necessary to dedicate my final ap post to that thread.

ARX39 and Cory like this.
  15. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

Fitting for sure. The regulars over there introduced me personally to not just individual films, but complete sub genres. Checking out your guy's recommendations opened things up for me to a whole new level. I'm hoping that everyone else makes their way here.

I'm also very much enjoying the new guys that had been in there recently. It looks like most/all have made their way over. And judging from the burst of activity here in the first day, things should be good here. Hopefully we all can keep this an engaging forum.

And this is Rabe btw, since I don't think most people knew me by my first name. Rabe being my last.

16. Full Effect Ed

Cool man, I've definitely seen you around on the ap forums.

Getting on topic, that fuckin' Lights Out film looks really good. I've personally seen the short-film it's based on, hopefully genre fans can overlook the Darkness Falls similarities and give it an honest shot. I know I will.

17. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Was wondering where rabe was at

Cory likes this.
  18. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm highly anticipating this. Darkness Falls had such a good premise, but couldn't carry it's own weight. The trailer alone for Lights Out made me check the hallway twice before going to bed..

Just bought a house built in 1933 with a longgggg dark hallway upstairs...I may be sleeping at my parents after Lights Out.

19. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

I just saw this movie a couple nights ago. You're definitely in for a fun time. Visually stunning and very well acted. The plot I think is going to require another viewing or two to completely decipher. Let me know what you think and if and your gf come up with any interpretations

20. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I feel like the movie never held a shot longer than like 2 seconds. Made it hard to constantly keep up. If it shows up on netflix or something I'm looking forward to a second go

21. Full Effect Ed

Darkness Falls was such a letdown, I remember really anticipating it and then after I saw it in the theater opening night I was incredibly pissed. I like how the director of the Lights Out short-film is also directing the movie. I've learned not to get too excited for any horror films anymore, but I'm definitely seeing this one in the theater. The last horror film to genuinely surprise me was The Conjuring.

22. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Fortunately, I didn't have the displeasure of seeing Darkness Falls in theaters...but I'm with you on The Conjuring. My wife and I saw it together in theaters and I went into it genuinely believing it was going to suck, and I was blown away. It's certainly one of the most effective horror movie I've seen in years.

23. Full Effect Ed

For sure, to be honest I only went because my buddy paid for me so he didn't see it solo. I ended up loving that film a lot, for whatever reason. Typically those types of exorcism-esque films do nothing for me and I tend to avoid them at all cost, but damn was that a great horror film!

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  24. Cory

Doing fine. Prestigious

yea, I'm really hoping the next conjuring movie can be just as effective. It's probably my most anticipated for the rest of the year, with 31 coming in after it. We'll see soon enough.

25. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

I'm hoping the sequel can pull it off, but I'm going into it with caution. Patrick and Vera are fantastic actors who've shown that they can deliver, but they had such a great supporting cast in the original. I'm just hoping they'll be able to run the show successfully in the sequel.

..and regarding 31, I just don't know how I feel about the premise. The synopsis sounds more fitting for a short film, imo.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.