Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 13

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. screamoutmyname

are we having fun yet?

you won't regret it!

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

3. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

So best home invasion movies: You're Next, Funny Games, Ils/Them, Hush...

Joe likes this.
  4. Don't forget À l'intérieur (Inside). I might throw in The Strangers too.

5. ChaseTx

These two I haven't seen, but have been on my watch list for a while

6. drstrong Apr 20, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2016)
    drstrong

I'm Back.

Have to throw in The Strangers for the sheer fact it had the balls to let the bad guys win. Was also very brutal for a theatrical release in the US.

7. thesinkingship

D.Va 1 Bad Guys 0

I remember watching The Strangers and not really being impressed by it other than the bleak ending. Of course, the bleak ending has now become so commonplace it doesn't move me anymore. I mean, that type of ending wasn't brand new or anything but often the targets of killers in horror movies come out on top. But now it seems every horror movie ends with the protaganist(s) death.

8. drstrong

I'm Back.

Given The Strangers isn't really original anymore, and not saying it was when it came out, it was still something "different" when it came to theatrical horror.

I dug it, but there have been better home invasion movies since. I've even throw in The Perfect Host, though it is a bit different than the typical home invasion story.

9. chris

Trusted Supporter

I was worried about this as well, what a fucking cop out that would have been

10. ChaseTx

Spoilers, man

crunchprank likes this.
  11. ChaseTx

I feel like it may have been intentionally teasing that possibility. The ex is a whole plot point at the beginning, so in the end you're fully expecting him to come back into the picture. The fact that she's so close to dying a couple of times makes you think, "shit, they're going that route".

12. chris

Trusted Supporter

Yeah those couple ended calls were in the back of my mind like the whole time haha

13. drstrong

I'm Back.

Checked out The Invitation last night...thought it was "meh" do say the least; the outcome was very predictable from early on.

there was a slight chance where I thought this was a huge intervention type setup for Will since he was constantly having flashbacks and seeing things. This was more solidified when the guy (forgot his name) finally showed up at the door after the huge blowout Will just had at the dinner table.
    Thought it ended decent enough.

14. Night Channels

Trusted

The Invitation was fantastic.

Vivatoto likes this.
  15. drstrong

I'm Back.

But the overall outcome was evident from miles away.

16. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Someone posted earlier why the movie doesn't need to be surprising and said it a lot better than I could.

17. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

^-----

18. crunchprank

Dude, can you wrap that with spoiler tags please?

BKO5950505 and ChaseTx like this.
  19. drstrong

I'm Back.

You can't be serious about spoiler tagging a movie that's almost a decade old.

20. crunchprank

Not going to argue with you. You do what you feel. I've reported the post so I'll let the Moderators decide.

21. drstrong

I'm Back.

Wow, ok then.

AelNire likes this.
  22. I hope the moderators laugh.

Garrett L. and AelNire like this.
  23. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I mean, I get what you're saying but reporting it the mods? That's a bit much. My two cents on that mind you.

Garrett L., AelNire and ChaseTx like this.
  24. ChaseTx

I don't like the assumption that spoilers have an expiration date. Unless it's something everybody can be expected to have seen, like Star Wars or something, spoiler tags are a nice gesture

Vivatoto likes this.
  25. The post came literally right after someone said they hadn't seen it, so it would've been common courtesy to spoiler tag it. There are a lot of movies old and new that get mentioned here, and I appreciate when people uses spoiler tags.

Cameron, Night Channels and Vivatoto like this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.