Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread [Archived] Movie • Page 12

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Just finished Hush and I have to say I'm quite impressed.

2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Holy shit, Hush was great

3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I thought for sure they were setting up the fire alarm to be used as a way to call for help. The way it was used instead was kinda silly. Good movie still.

4. DarkHotline Apr 17, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2016)
    DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Anyone listen to the new John Carpenter album? Walked around outside in the dark listening to it, I'd say it's better than the original Lost Themes, which I love too. It goes more in the direction of his previous horror themes. White Noise is my current favorite track, it sounds like it'd fit in with his late 70's/early-mid 80's work.

5. DarkHotline

Watched Nekromantix and The King of Death off Shudder today, Jorg Buttgereit's work never ceases to fascinate me.

6. A Flirting Time

Love Schramm and Nekromantik 2

7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Need to check out Hush.

Loved The Guest. Excited for Deathnote.

8. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

listening through both albums today at work. i love the first one, so im stoked for LT2

9. drstrong

I'm Back.

Finally got my podcast up and running, if anyone is interested, the link is below. It's our first time doing it, so please excuse a couple of hiccups.

Podcasts

ChaseTx likes this.
  10. chris

Trusted Supporter

Watched Hush last night, was really impressed

11. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

The Boy was so fucking ridiculous lmao, James Wan just has no idea how to write a movie without a huge paintbrush that says "ISNT THIS SCARY" in a vividly "tepid, generic horror" color

edit: i have no idea which of like the three metaphors in that sentence is the core of it, i regret nothing

12. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Watching Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight. It's a lot of fun and the effects are great. Would recommend.

OhTheWater likes this.
  13. DarkHotline

One day, we'll get that series in HD.

14. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I don't think Wan was involved was he? I actually thought it was decent, maybe partially due to lowered expectations.

15. Malatesta

oh whoa you're right... that's weird i have no idea why i thought he was. tbph it's still definitely a movie i could see his name attached to, i mean have you SEEN dead silence

16. ChaseTx

I think i have a weird inability to remember his movies. I couldn't remember Insidious or The Conjuring until i rewatched them, and i don't remember Dead Silence

I don't think I'll forget much about The Boy though

17. Malatesta

dude the twist of Dead Silence is life changing, it's like my go-to "are u fucking serious" reference

18. A Flirting Time

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  19. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

did not know he did death sentence

20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

lost themes II is a lot of fun but i just find myself wanting to go back and watch season of the witch as a result

21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

A Flirting Time likes this.
  22. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I had to look this up to remind myself what the twist was. Yep. You're right.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

anyone watch the hallow?

24. ChaseTx

Hush was great. I was so scared that the ex boyfriend was going to show up and save the day, which would have completely ruined it

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  25. colorlesscliche

Trusted Prestigious

Comcast has a "Watchathon", all HBO, Starz, etc. is free for a week, going to try to squeeze in Ash Vs. Evil Dead while I can.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.