Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 95

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. MrDaveH

Regular

Demons is back up for TLDI?
    I couldn't find it on there for the longest time.
    Even the Just Joe Bob version wasn't up.

Victor Eremita likes this.
  2. Yep! I didn't know it went anywhere. Part of the original marathon. Unless I'm mistaken, I saw it there yesterday.

3. MrDaveH

Regular

Nice.
    They just haven't added it to the "Just Joe Bob" section yet it seems.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Watched The Rental tonight. Pretty simple concept, and the ending was a bit abrupt, but I had a decent time with it.

5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

ghostedaway and Night Channels like this.
  6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Whoa, nice. Just picked up the book last weekend. Excited to read it soon

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

How many trustees are in this thread ?

8. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

SteveLikesMusic and Aaron Mook like this.
  9. SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Just watched Scary Movie (1991) starring John Hawkes and it was so good! Free on Tubi

11. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Tubi has a surprisingly good horror selection

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this actually looks dope

13. Iiiiinteresting

14. -deleted-

-

Fear Street took me back. Just finished all three on a binge. I think the writing and directing really caught the tone and feel of the books. I am kicking myself for not keeping my collection growing up as I had quite a few of them. I hope this opens the door to some of the stories I loved from the series getting adapted. A bit of wonky dialogue and some silly decisions, but overall it worked for me.

I caught some amazing homages to Scream, especially in 1994. When skull mask catches up to the first girl in the mall and they slo-mo the stab/her demise, it is a direct lift from Drew Barrymore getting chased down on the lawn. The stab, the mask removal, all of it. Before that, her creeping through the Halloween store and trying to be quiet/move along the isles is reminiscent of Scream 2 when Gale is moving cautiously through the sound studio while the killer is in there. Then, in the same scene, when skull mask is lined up with the other costumes and then moves to go after her, that heavily reminded me of Scream 3 when the killer does a similar move in the studio with Jenny McCarthy.

Part 2 was heavily inspired by FT13 part two which seems obvious. Multiple kills and the way he moves with the sack on his head are spot on.

Part 3 for whatever reason made me think of Gothika a lot. The plot twist with the cop, the fact that the evil spirit was a woman’s spirit that was vengeful but not evil because of what happened to her, etc etc.

Horror is the only genre really where nods to prior films feel great when the story itself holds on its own legs still.

15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

There were scenes in 94 that were filmed identically to Scream, and honestly, it almost brought a tear to my eye.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  16. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Side note, if it ever happens again, I am definitely going to one of those parties that they host at Stu’s house in October.

Anthony_Soprano and chewbacca110 like this.
  17. -deleted-

-

Stu after every time he throws a party.

[​IMG]

ChrisCantWrite and airik625 like this.
  18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Let the theories begin.

19. 333 GANG

ACAB

I'm intrigued

20. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Just finished The House of the Devil for the first time. Goddamn that movie is good.

21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

The fucking best

Daniel and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Dat Greta Gerwig kill

Daniel and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Blood Quantum is badass. My god. If the acting weren't so iffy, it'd be top tier.

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Old was pretty good. One of M Night’s better flicks and definitely up there with Split as a favorite.

333 GANG likes this.