Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 93

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Another one that's been on my list for a while. Still technically need to watch The Beginning and 3D.

2. 333 GANG

ACAB

A Quiet Place Part II was great

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Fried Barry is so fucking strange. Big Greasy Strangler vibes lol.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

It's bad. (Leatherface)

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  5. Fear Street 1994 was such a blast. Some dialogue and tonal moments that don't quite stick the landing, but it's easy to forgive when the movie is so multi-faceted. I want to say it's like Goosebumps, Stranger Things, Scream, and Cabin in the Woods all in a blender, but it also feels very original while paying homage to its setting and the horror from that time. Loved how vibrant it looked and how over-the-top it went.

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Watched Fear Street 1978 last night. I can't say I like it more than 1994, but I love how these stories are all connecting. The direction of these flicks are so friggin' good and make them really fun, engaging watches. Only thing I felt bogged down 1978 was when the tension would ramp up and then we would get a melodramatic conversation which tamped down the excitement and it happened multiple times throughout.

The teaser for 1666 at the end is rad. Reusing actors from the first 2 installments is super cool.

Rowan5215 likes this.
  7. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yeah imo the release of these films has actually been the coolest thing about them. one per week, going backwards chronologically but advancing the main (94) story at the same time - it's really innovative and clever, makes up for some not terrific writing in the actual scenes sometimes lol

anyone else expecting a reveal that Sarah Fier was innocent/a good witch who's getting revenge because the townies killed her or something?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I can excuse the writing though because apparently the director wrote all 3 (with a writer’s room) and she probably didn’t have a whole lot of time.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I wish pt2 showed more of the other killers.

10. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’m glad it was mostly the axe killer. Gave me more of a Friday the 13th vibe

Aaron Mook and 333 GANG like this.
  11. 333 GANG

ACAB

Multiple killers is fun, but the story for 1979 is specifically centred on the camp massacre, so having the others in there throughout wouldn’t have made much sense.

12. Aaron Mook Jul 15, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 15, 2021)
    I'm not the type to usually pick at plot holes, especially for movies this fun, but I do have one question about 1994 (and keep in mind I haven't watched 1978 yet): If the witch could possess Sam the whole time, what was the point of sending the killers after her?

Rowan5215 likes this.
  13. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

[​IMG]

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I just don't even get the point of introducing them. We saw three of them in the first one for a good amount of time. These felt like cool ideas for sequel bait and nothing else. And even then, what is the point if we are wrapping up this week?

15. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Because there may be a fear street that takes place after 1994 at some point duuuuuhhh.

Contender likes this.
  16. secretsociety92

Music, Gaming, Movies and Guys = Life

If you are into your Hammer horror films then I highly recommend The Shadow of the Cat, even more so if you like cats themselves.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Just started American Horror Stories…enjoying being back at the house.

18. 333 GANG

ACAB

I think it’s mostly just to show that this has been an ongoing thing for centuries in Shadyside, and that it’s not an isolated incident.

Aaron Mook and Rowan5215 like this.
  19. Rowan5215

lol yeah the witch's powers/rules are super inconsistent and weird, even moreso after you watch 78. so she can bring back every dead killer she's ever possessed, but only if someone gets blood on her bones? why is that so specific? and why does she need to kill the person who bled anyway, do they expose a weakness in her somehow?

the other thing that bothers me is, presuming not everyone carved on her wall managed to find her bones, how does she choose who to possess and who to kill. like was there a reason Maya Hawke's character was targeted or does she legitimately just pick off random kids for the fun?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

Yeah I was waiting to hear that the Goode family is involved (unbeknownst to the sheriff maybe) because there was a moment in the first about how they said they're grateful about how "prosperous" they've been in Sunnyvale or whatever and I feel like it was connected to that

Rowan5215 likes this.
  21. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Idk, I’d be pretty annoyed if someone bled on my bones

Rowan5215 likes this.
  22. Rowan5215

they've made a big deal about how the sheriff could've believed the leads in both 94 and 78, but chose not to. I've gotta think it's gonna come back on him in some way. also yeah a family named Goode can't fully be innocent lol

I mean same but idk if I'd raise the dead to kill em for it, seems excessive

23. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Leatherface was not AS bad as I thought (I watched it in like 3 days) in the beginning but definitely still cringey and some of the shots were just so bad (the zoom in on the glass falling and breaking in the diner in semi-slow mo was so weird and out of place). I loved Inside, but zoinks this was such a dud.

24. Hard not to compare it to 1994 which just felt so fresh, but I loved 1978, too. More straightforward, could have used more creative on-screen kills, BUT still just a super fun homage to 80s horror, specifically F13. I can't believe how quality these have been for straight to Netflix horror releases. Ready for 1666!

25. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

Yup...pumped for 1666 tonight.