Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 45

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Discovered that movie on Prime a few months ago and loved it. A sequel for this movie is deserved, and it's a shame it will never get one. I had no idea there was a comic series for it.

2. I should rewatch, it's so much fun. Surprised The Last Drive-In hasn't shown it (yet), feel like it was playing on Shudder endlessly last summer

3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Welp, ended up not watching anything this weekend. In addition to Lucky and The Devils, I'm now intrigued by Edge of the Axe

4. zachmacD

Trusted

Has anyone watched Wrong Turn 2021? Ive read mixed things

Jbent likes this.
  5. Jbent

Trusted

6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah I think it was split in here but I didn't really care for it either. What they were going for fell flat for me, and I didn't think it really connected well in the spirit of the title, but to each their own. Still stand by the final sequence at the end being a pleasant surprise sequence.

7. -deleted-

-

my response was also a few pages back. Not a terrible movie per se, but has extremely little resemblance of the original and gets quite ridiculous about 3 quarters in.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  8. Technically much better than the films before it and some interesting angles, but ultimately I like it less and less the more I think about it

9. Just a heads up, some friends watched The Devils and apparently the version on Shudder is censored

The Burning also hit Shudder, was there a reason to be wary of that one?

10. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

11. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Weinstein has a writing credit on it. It's pretty good, but that might deter you.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. Aaron Mook Mar 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 8, 2021)
    Ah, yeah, as curious as I am about early Jason Alexander and Holly Hunter, I think I'll pass after reading about misconduct during production. Thanks for the heads up!

13. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Ah man, I watched The Burning last year and really enjoyed it but didn't know about Weinstein or any misconduct. Being a huge Seinfeld fan, seeing a young Jason was a treat to watch though, I will say that.

14. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I’ve been on an original Goosebumps kick recently. Werewolf of Fever Swamp is definitely my favorite. Watched Camp Nightmare yesterday and it was good too.

Contender, zachmacD and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I remember watching Werewolf of Fever Swamp on Nickelodeon when it premiered and being terrified

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

[​IMG]

Chris1024, Cameron, zachmacD and 4 others like this.
  17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Are they all streaming?

zachmacD likes this.
  18. I believe they're on Netflix, aren't they? Not sure about Camp Nightmare

19. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

20. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Camp Nightmare and about 30 other episodes are on Netflix

Aaron Mook and estebanwaseaten like this.
  21. Ahhhh gotcha, I was thinking of his other series lol. The Nightmare Room, maybe?

edit: The Nightmare Room

Contender likes this.
  22. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

hell yeah for goosebumps discussion. perfect entry level for horror. it was huge for me growing up and his work is still important to me this day. gonna be on the say pod or die podcast soon to talk about one of the books!

estebanwaseaten and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. hell yeah, this sounds so rad!

Contender likes this.
  24. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I miss the original AYAOTD? Wonder if it’s streaming

25. It's on Paramount+ I think.

chewbacca110 likes this.