Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 44

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. -deleted-

-

I haven’t seen it since I found out about Silva at some point in high school and refused to financially support the pedo in any way when it released.

But I did read the IMDB trivia page for it and yeah, don’t think I missed much.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

3. Hearing good things about Lucky, gonna give that and The Devils a spin on Shudder this weekend

estebanwaseaten and ghostedaway like this.
  4. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Twins!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

6. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Michael is mad.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. chewbacca110

Michael about to do a drive-by.

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Justin Long is also great in Drag Me To Hell. Fantastic movie.

10. Night Channels

Trusted

Has anyone watched Hunter Hunter yet?

11. Hm? You mean this?
    [​IMG]

joking. I can google.

12. Lol, the latest With Gourley and Rust is them ranking all 39(!) films in the four franchises they've watched so far (Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street, Alien). Won't bore anyone with my full 39 but here's my top and bottom 10, respectively:

1. Aliens
    2. Halloween II
    3. Halloween
    4. Friday the 13th
    5. Nightmare on Elm Street
    6. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
    7. Jason Takes Manhattan
    8. Halloween 2018
    9. Friday the 13th Part II
    10. Alien
    30. Alien Resurection
    31. Jason Goes to Hell
    32. Nightmare 5: The Dream Child
    33. Nightmare 4: The Dream Master
    34. Nightmare 6: Freddy's Dead
    35. New Nightmare
    36. Halloween 5
    37. Jason X
    38. AVP: Requiem
    39. Halloween 2 (2009

My takeaway is that Nightmare is pretty easily my least favorite franchise of the four. Such a silly easy listening podcast for horror fans, I love it.

Rewatching Jason X now and it's dogshit. Feels like a Full Moon Features movie, but not as fun.

Rowan5215 and Contender like this.
  13. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

haha my ranking of those (that I've seen) would be super different. Alien is probably the 'best' franchise there, starting with one of the greatest movies of all time and delivering enough good stuff in the sequels to make up for some reeaally low lows (Resurrection, Requiem and Covenant).

that being said, NOES is easily my favourite. just such a creative and inventive franchise; even at its absolute worst (which is admittedly very bad) I can rely on a few kills or sequences that are gonna make me sit up and fully engage. and its best (1, Dream Warriors and New Nightmare) makes up a healthy portion of some of my favourite horror from that era.

I can't really speak to Halloween with confidence because I've only seen 1 (a classic) and the 2018 reboot. but man, I just cannot get into Friday the 13th for the life of me. I've struggled to even get through the films generally considered the best, they're just not for me.

14. chewbacca110

I haven't watched a majority of the WG&R franchise films in a long time, so I wouldn't fairly be able to rank them individually, but I know my series ranking would go Alien>Nightmare>Halloween>Friday.

15. I think I like the Friday the 13th remake a little more each time I watch it. Shockingly scary and effective. One of the better 2000s remakes along with Dawn of the Dead and My Bloody Valentine.

16. -deleted-

-

Are you talking about the terrible Michael Bay one where the preppy guy judges girls on how their tits sit?

17. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Finally gave The Conjuring 1 and 2 proper watches and really enjoyed both of them. Few too many silly jump scares, but Farmiga and Wilson are perfect together and I loved the family in both films.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  18. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Can’t wait to see the new one later this year.

19. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Yeah same here

20. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Watched the dark and the wicked and I think I just hate ghost movies

21. -deleted-

-

Don’t watch the spin-offs they all come up short.

22. -deleted-

-

The last really good ghost movie I enjoyed where I felt like characters didn’t make idiotic choices to further the story was Lights Out in 2016.

23. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

The Gourley and Rust one-off season sounds like a blast, a good mix and quite a few I haven't seen but have been meaning to like Terror Train, Motel Hell, and People Under the Stairs.

Aaron Mook and chewbacca110 like this.
  24. Lol, that dude sucks and gets what's coming to him. The characters aren't great but that's not what I watch a Friday movie for. They did a great job of reinventing Jason as a survivalist and the kills are super strong

chewbacca110 likes this.
  25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.