Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The first movie was one of my favorite theater experiences.

Hated 2&3. Never watched the rest.

2. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Fair enough those are pretty brutal. The "needle drop" in saw 6 has always been the grossest to me

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

damn I loved saw iii on my first watch of it

also fully agree with everything after

Aaron Mook likes this.
  4. Jbent

Trusted

Watched the wrong turn remake with wife last night and, yea I thought it was mehh, she hated it tho lol not feeling it at all both super bored during the last 60% of the movie laughing at certain points. Some cool visuals here and there I guess, I mean the bar was low going in and still think it sucked

5. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Lucky was pretty fun. Got weirder and weirder lol

6. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i haven't seen a single saw movie because i know i'd hate them but for some reason i am tempted to try this.

7. Honestly it's not worth it if you don't have some nostalgic attachment to the first couple

8. angel paste

Hostel holds up much better than saw imo

9. Jbent

Trusted

There's an endearing, unknown young filmmaker success element to the 1st Saw and nostalgia factor of course. But as an objective movie viewing it does not hold up as well as I thought it might have

10. -deleted-

-

Yeah does not hold up well.

Strangely enough though I’m excited for the Chris Rock reboot.

airik625, Jbent and Aaron Mook like this.
  11. Yeah, the Chris Rock & Samuel L. Jackson reboot is just strange and unexpected enough to catch my interest.

Still think if Saw II was the only Saw film made, it would be held in higher regard

12. angel paste

all of them are bogged down by the terrible editing choices, all the stupid shaky/spinny camera shit, and constantly flashing back to things that happened literal seconds before. but that's what makes it saw so you just gotta love it or leave it lol

13. angel paste

it's all worth it for that one scene where Jigsaw says to Hoffman "Oh and by the way... the blade on your pendulum was inferior"

Contender likes this.
  14. Contender

It's either you loved or hated the flashbacks. I'm on the end that loves them for how absurd they are.

15. angel paste

oh i love the flashbacks lol

Contender likes this.
  16. angel paste

i still think they should of called spiral "Chris Rock Presents: Saw 9"

17. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Saw holds up incredibly well, what’re y’all TALKING about

Contender likes this.
  18. I watched Saw for the first time just a couple years ago and I didn’t really like it. I didn’t even put a heart on it on Letterboxd! Haha. And obviously I haven’t seen any of the sequels nor do I really have the desire to.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. oakhurst Mar 4, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 4, 2021)
    oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  20. -deleted-

-

While I do think the first Jeepers Creepers was phenomenal and scary (fuck the pedo director disclaimer), I can no longer take Justin Long seriously in a horror movie after seeing him do this scene. Still lol to this day:

zachmacD and chewbacca110 like this.
  21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Justin Long is the best in everything. I love when he shows up.

22. Contender

despite everything just happening and the cheese of it, I’m shocked pikachu every time

angel paste likes this.
  23. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Pretty wary of that Jeepers Creepers reboot honestly. I don’t see Silva’s name anywhere in that article but I’m still hesitant to believe he’s not gonna benefit from this in some way

24. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I don’t think he will since he sold the rights. Apparently they didn’t even tell him this film was being made. At least that’s what I’ve heard. Which I’m glad about.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  25. Jbent

Trusted

JC3 may be the most I've laughed at a non-comedy movie in my whole life