Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 42

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. estebanwaseaten Feb 25, 2021
    (Last edited: Feb 26, 2021)
    estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Wow The Dark and The Wicked was rough

Henry likes this.
  2. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

^^^^

Feel like I need to watch something uplifting and colorful now lol

estebanwaseaten and Henry like this.
  3. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Love that Saint Maud score and final shot.

4. Genuinely SHOCKED at how good Freaky was. Funny, gory, smart, and pays homage to a number of classics. A few small problems with it, but overall, it was a blast.

And on a completely different note, Possum was fuuuucked. But very good.

5. Wrong Turn 2021 was pretty much Appalachian Midsommar lol. It starts to unravel a bit around the halfway point, but definitely solid and interesting in unexpected ways.

Contender likes this.
  6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Been interested in this one for a while now glad it's coming to shudder next month

yung_ting likes this.
  7. Night Channels

Trusted

Yeah, that final shot in Saint Maud was something else.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Sator is a really well shot, slow burn if that's your thing.

9. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Could not get behind the new Wrong Turn really at all unfortunately. Agree with whoever said it should've been given a different title altogether. Sequence at the very end was really cool however.

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  10. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I need to watch it before Dead Meat posts their kill count this week lol

11. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Wrong Turn (2021) was decent. Some nice cinematography in there. Good amount of gore. Definitely agree with the comment Aaron made about it, haha.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Silent Night, Deadly Night is getting a reboot for some reason.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  14. Mercifully finished my Saw franchise run and even I am shocked by my ranking lmao:

Saw II
    Saw IV
    Saw VI
    Jigsaw
    Saw
    Saw: The Final Chapter
    Saw V
    Saw III

Saw II might be the only truly decent movie out of the bunch, but I enjoy IV. Losing the oversaturated look for Jigsaw in addition to the competent direction did it a lot of favors, even if the twist doesn't make any sense and you don't care about the characters. Saw itself has a nostalgic charm, but the acting and editing is tough to get through. The Final Chapter is by far the dumbest in the series, which is really saying something, but so much so that it's relatively enjoyable. Saw III was too brutal for me, and the irony of complaining about a Saw movie being too brutal is not beyond me.

Contender, Jbent and angel paste like this.
  15. -deleted-

-

I pour one out for the time spent.

16. Never again lmao. Scratched the itch I had for 100 years.

17. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

I have been rewatching too and I will join your ranking after I watch jigsaw

Saw 3D was a lot better than I remember it being, I thought for sure that one was the worst but it's far from it. Quite entertaining and the effects are very nasty. Still really dumb

Aaron Mook likes this.
  18. Yep. Taking my newfound distate for Saw III out of the equation, I think the worst would have to be Saw V. Even that film had a somewhat interesting angle, but it's dumb (no surprise there) and pretty easily the least memorable in my eyes.

Jbent likes this.
  19. angel paste

Why the saw 3 distaste? I found the audacity of the 20 minute long plot twist montage at the end quite hilarious

Jbent and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. Same reason I loved it when I was like 13 - it's easily the grossest and most brutal. Just don't have the stomach for it anymore. Again, ironic when you're talking about Saw.

Contender likes this.
  21. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Saw III is 100% the grossest. T

22. Jbent

Trusted

Saw 3 repeated what worked so well in saw 2, the trap-game storyline integrated with the jigsaw-game-test storyline. Unfortunately both the A and B plots of saw 3 are awful, nonsensical, and boring. The crime/mystery elements of the previous movies are gone and replaced with cringe-ass attempts at dramatic character dialogue and any thriller or horror moments just do nothing for me, at all. Exhibit A on when the Saw franchise would have benefited from a 2 or 3 year development between sequels

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. angel paste

I love in saw 3 they have the lady with a guy who asks for a divorce just so they can trick you

I also never thought of 3 as the grossest, is it the brain surgery ? That is pretty tough

24. I've only seen the first three Saw movies but it was so long ago that I can't rememeber anything except that there was one actress who showed up in Smallville and Supernatural.

25. Nah, it's the rack and the pig traps for me.