Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 33

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. I think I have only seen the first 2 Alien movies, and I’m perfectly ok with that.

angrycandy likes this.
  2. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

yeah, just stop there

bradsonemanband likes this.
  3. Fincher is one of my favorite directors, but I've never bothered to watch Alien 3 or his Girl with the Dragon Tattoo adaptation.

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

I think Fincher looks at Alien 3 how Lynch looks at Dune

could have been great but studio meddling ruined all that

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  5. (That's why the Assembly Cut rules lol)

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I watched the assembly cut, as it was recommended. Not sure how the theatrical could be worse, but WOOF. It felt fairly bloated at 2 hours 24 minutes.

7. Idk I think it's a fairly interesting and misunderstood flick (even though the studio did butcher it) but different strokes for different folks I suppose

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Anthony_Soprano likes this.
  9. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Going with Super Dark Times tonight

10. Night Channels likes this.
  11. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Love Super Dark Times!

Aaron Mook and Night Channels like this.
  12. Night Channels

Trusted

Is anyone here watching 30 Coins?

Highly recommend it

bradsonemanband and riotspray like this.
  13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

The Dark and The Wicked might be the bleakest thing I’ve seen in awhile. Fuck.

Henry, Contender and Night Channels like this.
  14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Someone else was asking about it not too long ago. I haven't started it yet, but I've been really curious. Álex de la Iglesia has made some other pretty interesting things.

15. anyone seen Come To Daddy? how is it? my ears perked up when i heard it's by the same people that did Greasy Strangler.

16. Night Channels

Trusted

It's so fun. If Guillermo del Toro made his version of The Exorcist with elements of an R-rated Are You Afraid of the Dark, this is what you'd get.

riotspray likes this.
  17. It's...interesting. Not what I was expecting, and not really horror, per se. I also haven't seen The Greasy Strangler but it's nowhere near as bonkers as that lol. That being said, it's solid if you go in without expectations.

18. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yeah, Come to Daddy was a fun ride. Elijah Wood is great. Something about it just kinda missed the mark for me though and I didn't love it as much as a lot of others.

bradsonemanband and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. I think for me it was a case of just totally expecting something different, so while I enjoyed and would recommend the flick, I just wouldn't go into it considering it straight horror. More of a thriller I guess?

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Its unreal how much I loved that movie.

21. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I liked it but it's NOTHING like The Greasy Strangler, which is unironically my favorite movie

Henry and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. Greasy Stranger is incredible, haha. But good to know that I shouldn't be expecting something similar when going into Come To Daddy.

23. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, Come To Daddy is worth watching, but I would have never known there was any connection to The Greasy Strangler before you mentioned it.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Saint Maud was gud

y2jayjk, Jbent and bradsonemanband like this.
  25. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

This is cool as hell.