Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 30

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Checking out No Escape (2020). Reviews aren’t the best, but it has an interesting premise.

2. Yeah Anything for Jackson was solid, a few things didn't really come together for me but all-in-all a really clever and unique take on the possession genre with some good scares. 2 for 2 on Shudder originals last night.

jkauf likes this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Shout out to Red Letter Media for their Re-View of The Blob. It fucking rules in a ways I never expected.

Full Effect Ed likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Random Acts of Violence was pretty good. Some of the violence was more brutal than I thought a movie by Jay Baruchel would provide. The more I think about the ending, the more I like it.

5. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Did Anything for Jackson and Impetigore this weekend. Both solid, both recommended.

joe.boy.fresh., jkauf and Henry like this.
  6. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

Yeah I saw that video the other day, I love those guys haha. I got the SF disc back in the summer and was blown away at how much it holds up

Henry likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Saw some reviews for Ten Minutes to Midnight that have me stoked to check it out tomorrow.

8. Contender

The twist in No Escape was great, and it made me love an average movie.

9. Found this after watch VHS 2. Sure is, uhhh, something!

10. chris

Trusted Supporter

His House was so good

jkauf, Toner and Night Channels like this.
  11. Contender

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Ten Minutes to Midnight was a lot of fun! Very Evil Dead-esque. A lot of practical effects, mind-fucky, funny, and a quick watch. Not sure where it is streaming though.

13. Full Effect Ed

I did a TCM 2 watch along with Caroline Williams Saturday night and she made me promise I see it soon lol. She looks so good in the trailer, where is it available right now?

OhTheWater likes this.
  14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It popped up on IPT this week. Gonna grab it

15. Contender

16. Not exclusively horror, but my John Carpenter sale picks from Shout Factory came in! Assault on Precinct 13, Big Trouble in Little China, and Vampires. Haven't seen any of them.

Plus my Vinegar Syndrome order (Scary Tales and the AFGA Trailer Show) are set to be delivered by Saturday. In for a good weekend!

Contender likes this.
  17. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love me some Big Trouble In Little China

Contender, Henry and jkauf like this.
  18. Full Effect Ed

Currently watching the 4k Prince of Darkness and this shit looks GOOD.

Also, I released a new episode of my podcast today with a guest host from a podcast over in Ireland (without my daughter unfortunately), talking about 80s Vampire films. This is a very personal episode because I started it as a writing last summer that’s since evolved into this. It’s called “We Keep Odd Hours: The Vampire Era of the 80s” and if you guys happen to listen to it, the audio’s taken from a Zoom call that unfortunately provided a bad link - therefore in a few spots the audio overlaps for about 15 seconds each. Other than that, I’m fucking proud of this episode and I hope you guys enjoy!

‎Mad-Dad Movie Review on Apple Podcasts

We Keep Odd Hours: The Vampire Era of the 80s - Mad-Dad Movie Review

7E51BB72-B34B-4225-B020-3C41E2223209.jpeg

SteveLikesMusic and Contender like this.
  19. Gingerdead Man tonight lol. It's just as bad as you want it to be. These Full Moon Features are just like Lifetime quality horror films with outrageous premises. Can't beat it at 70 minutes long

chewbacca110 and estebanwaseaten like this.
  20. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Full Moon flicks were a staple for Friday night sleepovers in grade school. I remember we were all obsessed with Gary Busey as well, so that one hit all the right spots.

21. Contender

Spent last weekend watching Carpenter movies. Little China rules.

I was very into Prince of Darkness which is a new watch for me.

DarkHotline and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. I just saw Prince of Darkness for the first time last year and the recurring transmission dream is genuinely terrifying. Like that movie more and more with time.

Also recommend In the Mouth of Madness!

chewbacca110 and Contender like this.
  23. Contender

hm, might have to head over to that scream factory sale.

horror adjacent, going with Swimfan tonight

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

25. I think I posted this the last time I watched, and I can't speak for the theatrical cut, but the Assembly Cut/2003 Special Edition of Alien 3 is very good, and the blu-ray transfer in my Anthology box set looks great. It may not compare to the first two films, but if takes some huge swings that mostly pay off imho