Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I have a friend who claims he saw someone reaching a hand towards him in the middle of the night and he nicknamed it "Bathsheba"

phaynes12 likes this.
  2. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Started listening to the Colors of the Dark podcast with Elric Kane and Dr. Rebekah McKendry. I wasn't aware of their previous podcasts, so it was nice first listen to get to know their tastes and explore the world of horror. First episode focuses on the history of Splatstick in horror.

Lots of films mentioned from the film festivals, and so much added to my must watch list.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

This edition is 1 of only 2,000 produced from Mondo. It also comes with the remastered soundtrack on CD. Here’s some more pics because it contains A LOT:
    25CCA49E-111F-434E-BA93-5BF216BF5F89.jpeg BB58B458-0E69-49DC-95B9-9D5A600AE884.jpeg 10A3BBB4-A0AC-4C8B-947B-F6F11057ECD4.jpeg A31CB335-B804-424A-ADA8-D71267AA7C2F.jpeg CE664818-A909-4C8C-8AD1-8083C7D1B257.jpeg CAC0D237-3604-444E-823D-B455E118C18D.jpeg 6F85DAD5-24C7-49D0-B149-6F70881ED2FC.jpeg

4. Full Effect Ed

It’s one of the craziest films I’ve ever seen, but it’s still great. It’s pretentious as hell but I still love it!

SpyKi likes this.
  5. adammmmm

serpent is lord Prestigious

6. Full Effect Ed

Thanks man, my best friend got it for me for Christmas last year

SpyKi likes this.
  7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It's a shame Microsoft bought Bathsheba

8. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i laughed

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just watched Lights Out. I enjoyed it right up to the ending. It was a little predictable and abrupt.

michael_gatto likes this.
  10. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

yeah, it heard it specifically falls off a cliff there

11. Anyone seen Trick or Treat (1986)? Is it worth the watch?

12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s on my list. Apparently, yes it is

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. Contender

Gonna watch Brain Damage so I can show my IOP group the movie later this week.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. Full Effect Ed

About to record my Demon Knight episode for tomorrow.
    Only 3 Halloween Horrorthon episodes left :(

15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Vivarium was a cool, if not exhausting, watch. However, I think that’s the intent given the monotonous nature of the story. I think it would have worked better as a Black Mirror episode or a short.

trevorshmevor and michael_gatto like this.
  16. Hey @Henry sorry it's late, I hope it's not too long.

A grown up Danny, recovering from alcoholism, connects with a young girl who also "shines," as she finds herself in the crosshairs of a group of people who, like the monsters at the Overlook, feed on those that shine. I've previously described Mike Flanagan's work as simultaneously horrifying, fascinating, and heartbreaking. Doctor Sleep is the prime example of that. Doctor Sleep is a film adaptation of the sequel to The Shining. Flanagan manages to pay homage to both Stanley Kubrick, the director of the film adaptation of The Shining, and Stephen King, the author of both novels. The cinematography and score take stylistic cues from Kubrick, especially towards the end, while the characters are written with the same love and care King pours into the characters in his work. The film really made me feel for the characters, even the monsters in some moments where they are humanized. Ewan McGregor, Rebecca Ferguson, and newcomer Kyliegh Curran lead a near-perfect cast.

michael_gatto and Rowan5215 like this.
  17. Full Effect Ed

michael_gatto and Contender like this.
  18. Contender

Excited for Shudderfest. Will definitely check out the Future of Black Horror, Horror Royalty, and the Kingcast panels.

Aaron Mook and estebanwaseaten like this.
  19. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

is The Cleaning Lady worth a watch?

20. @Henry two small things: you left out the h at the end of my name (understandable, it's silent) and you don't have the year for Jennifer's Body. Thanks!

Contender and Henry like this.
  21. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Yooo I just saw their post for this. I'm in!

Contender and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

thank you!

23. michael_gatto

Trusted

image.jpg

Picked this bad boy up today at Best Buy. Gonna try to watch after work tonight.

24. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Did my first Hammer film last night (The Vampire Lovers). Found it to be quite slow (kind of expected) but charming.

25. Contender