Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 29

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Still wishing Shudder would do something about their picture quality on new films

2. Anyone watch Hunted yet?

3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Bloody Hell is out on VOD tonight/tomorrow. I saw it a few months back at an online film festival and it's pretty enjoyable. Worth the $4 rental fee.

Toner and OhTheWater like this.
  4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

Jake Gyllenhaal and Contender like this.
  5. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

6. angrycandy

the fuck was that :crylaugh:

7. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I'm all the fuck in on that

8. big fucking yes (obviously)

9. wow, complete with the watchmen ripoff. looks insane

10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

This nic cage era is wild

Aaron Mook, riotspray, jkauf and 2 others like this.
  11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

His House was legit

estebanwaseaten, Contender and Toner like this.
  12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Willy’s Wonderland looks like loads of fun.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. angrycandy

has cult classic written all over it

14. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna get to see Prisoners of the Ghostland at Sundance, and then Willy's Wonderland like a week later.

bradsonemanband and angrycandy like this.
  15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just watched Gonjiam: Haunted Asylum. Mostly liked it. Relied a little too heavily on jump scares. One of the better found footage I've seen.

16. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

With Gourley and Rust just kicked off their Alien series. I love this podcast.

riotspray, Aaron Mook and Contender like this.
  17. Contender

Found a copy of Color of Space for $5. Nice addition to the collection.

airik625 and Aaron Mook like this.
  18. Hunted was very solid for a revenge thriller, def recommend if you have the stomach for it. Onto Anything For Jackson now. Promising Young Woman and VHS 1&2 tomorrow.

Henry and Contender like this.
  19. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Just watched the trailer for Hunted. Will definitely check it out. Think I'll keep a few of these Shudder originals banked for when I eventually cave and get a subscription for it.

Did anyone watch The Platform (El Hoyo) on Netflix? I watched the other night and had a blast with it. Absolutely bonkers concept, but it does a lot with it over its runtime. I recommend switching over to Spanish audio and English subtitles though, as it defaults to the dubbed version.

estebanwaseaten, Aaron Mook and SpyKi like this.
  20. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

This weekend I got to interview both Lauren-Marie Taylor (from Friday the 13th Part ll & Neighbors) & Christine Elise (from Child’s Play 2 and BH 90210). I plan on posting them in the next couple days for you guys to hear, it was such an awesome opportunity as well as my first time doing such a thing!

21. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

My interview/Q&A videos:

Lauren-Marie Taylor: https://fb.watch/343j2f4aWm/

Christine Elise McCarthy (starts about 10 minutes into the video): https://fb.watch/343myPW7j9/

LMT was my first ever interview, and the feedback I received from a couple of questions really helped me feel more comfortable doing it (and motivated me to do Christine’s interview yesterday). Had a great time doing both, although I definitely ended up getting nervous talking to Christine and started getting tongue-tied...especially when she called me out for calling Child’s Play 2 underrated (which I immediately regretted lol).

Hope you guys enjoy!

Henry likes this.
  22. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

23. Aaron Mook Jan 17, 2021
    (Last edited: Jan 17, 2021)
    So Full Moon Features is running a promotion right now where if you sign up for a year of their streaming service ($60), you get a free 12-film Puppet Master blu-ray box set. The service has way more than I thought it would, too. Some Argento and Herschell Gordon-Lewis classics, some Elvira stuff, all in addition to Gingerdead Man, Evil Bong, etc. Definitely worth it if you're into dumb low-budget modern camp kind of stuff.

Contender and OhTheWater like this.
  24. Contender

That’s not bad just for the set alone.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Floss Lady in Anything For Jackson really got to me. Shit, a few things did actually. Solid flick, will definitely add to Halloween rotation.

Aaron Mook and Contender like this.