Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 28

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

bummer

2. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

3. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Alien director's cut does add a cool scene about the Xenomorph's reproductive cycle that's a lot creepier than Cameron's "big Alien Queen" version. but yeah, it's not essential watching, the theatrical cut has everything you need

not at all like Aliens and 3 where the extended/assembly cuts are literally the default versions as far as I'm concerned

4. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Just watched Impetigore. Enjoyable for the most part. A bit disappointed in how they have you the entire backstory of the curse in three minutes in one big dump. The whole twist was incredibly hard to follow.

Also watched the Takashi Miike Masters of Horror episode last night. What a fucking trip that was. Very much in his style. Pretty obvious why it never aired on the states. Fun little watch you can find on daily motion. If you've ever read Junji Ito, it's very similar to a Tomie story.

SpyKi likes this.
  6. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Showtime banned that episode because it was so fucked up. It’s funny though, it’s the only episode I remember from that entire show.

7. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I strongly echo the recommendation to anyone who hasn't seen it. That was a deeply unsettling film. The horror sequences were so unpredictable and maleficent. Every time night fell my eyes were agape dreading what weirdness we were going to be subjected to.

This movie did so much with its short runtime. There was agitation from so many sources to highlight the struggles of this couple. The conflict in their homeland, the sacrifices to find a new home and then the additional horror of fitting in to a new country that doesn't seem to want them there.

Man I loved this.

DarkHotline and estebanwaseaten like this.
  8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Anything for Jackson was fucking dope. The ending was absolutely bonkers.

jkauf and Contender like this.
  9. Wasn't expecting EPIX to nab this. Either way, coming soon. In theaters Jan 29, streaming Feb 12.

10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I’ll catch it via streaming

11. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

just noticed that Gretel & Hansel is on Hulu

12. MrDaveH

Regular

On Amazon Prime too.

angrycandy likes this.
  13. I watched it last week. I liked it. Creepy atmosphere and some cool ideas. Didn't like it nearly as much as The Blackcoat's Daughter, which is exceptional and still Perkins' best imo.

14. I grabbed a DVD copy when my local rental store was going out of business:-/haven't gotten around to it yet. Don't love The Blackcoat's Daughter, but this seems more up my alley.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I got 3/4 of the way through Blackcoat's Daughter and couldn't do any more. My god, that was a boring movie.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  16. Contender

Hansel and Gretel was a Christmas gift, but I still haven't checked it out.

My partner has been asking me to buy the Cell for the longest time, so I caved in yesterday. Looks like I'll be watching for the first time tonight.

angel paste likes this.
  17. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

The Blackcoat's Daughter is certainly a slow burn but I found it to be incredibly effective and well worth the time. I am the Pretty Thing that Lives in the House was much slower imo and I wouldn't go back to that. Will definitely check out Gretel and Hansel now that it's available though.

Cameron likes this.
  18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I adore The Blackcoat's Daughter. Actually wanted to give it a rewatch soon

Cameron likes this.
  19. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I recommended The Lighthouse to a colleague earlier this week. My head hurts so much from laughing over him having a minor breakdown about how much he despised everything about it.

He started disconnecting and reconnecting his HDMI cable because he thought the connection might be loose. He then carried out a full TV settings reset as he couldn't understand why it was stuck in 4:3 and black and white. He eventually tweaked that maybe the film was meant to be this way. At 40 minutes he began fast-forwarding it because he was so bored.

Anyone else love recommending particularly difficult movies to people who you know will instantly hate it?

riotspray and estebanwaseaten like this.
  20. The Lighthouse is certainly not for everyone haha. Sharing things I like is one of my favorite things to do, so I generally try to recommend stuff I think people will like. I'm not gonna recommend Martyrs to someone knowing they're gonna hate it and never listen to my recs again.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

I didn’t care for Blackcoat either, always felt like I was the odd one, haha.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Blackcoat was great I thought.

23. I liked it more the second time I watched it, but it is definitely slow and an acquired taste. Not one of my personal go-to's.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

estebanwaseaten and Contender like this.
  25. Contender

Nice. I can hold off until then.