Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 27

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Watched Get Duked last night. Boy did I love it. Somewhere between The Most Dangerous Game, Hot Fuzz, and The Inbetweeners. Great flick. Probably not horror, but it was on a bunch of end of year lists.

SpyKi likes this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Watched the trailer for The Dark and Wicked last night based on the talk in here. Looks chilling!

Henry and estebanwaseaten like this.
  3. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

ok so I just finished The Lodge. I think I might have to sit with it a bit but my initial feelings are that it's a really fucked up movie and while I'm not sure about some of the messages it might be sending, I think I loved it

4. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Aw, Carmine Capobianco, the star of Psychos in Love, passed away yesterday. Found him on FB after watching and followed him, he was in and out of the hospital with cancer. If you haven’t watched yet, you should!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Aaron Mook likes this.
  6. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I still love Final Girls so much

lettersandnumbers and OhTheWater like this.
  7. DarkHotline

Upload was giving me trouble but I got these the past couple days and I’m so happy to own these.

8. Dark Night of the Scarecrow on Prime tonight

9. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

Interesting set of movies on the Letterboxd end of year horror list: The Letterboxd 2020 Year in Review

Only seen The Invisible Man from that lot so have a lot of catching up to do! Deerskin is right at the top for me - that movie looks absolutely insane.

10. DarkHotline

His House was excellent. Hopefully I’ll get to see Saint Maud this year.

Night Channels likes this.
  11. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I gave up hope for a US release date.

12. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

His House is the only one I can stream immediately out of that top 10 so I'm going to do that one tonight I reckon. Looked like an absolute cracker from the trailer.

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Glad to see Spontaneous is getting a lot of love. That film really took me by surprise

14. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Didn't realize Impetigore was any kind of contender. Might do that soon. Also still haven't seen Anything for Jackson. His House, The Invisible Man, and Possessor were all top-tier.

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I started Spontaneous but the vibe wasn't fitting my mood. Need to finish it.

16. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Has anyone seen the director's cut of Alien?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  17. DarkHotline

It’s a fantastic haunted house movie with solid political overtones, I highly recommend it.

18. DarkHotline

I have, it’s in the Alien Anthology set. How come you ask?

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  19. DarkHotline

Same, hopefully it gets a streaming release. At least we got The Green Knight coming still.

20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Oddly enough, it is being shown right now in a local theatre that has remained open with Covid restrictions. An interesting choice, but don't know much about it. I've seen the original many many times.

21. DarkHotline

Aaron Mook and estebanwaseaten like this.
  22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone know when/if Saint Maud is gonna be released?

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Student Bodies was dumb as hell, lol. I respect it for being the first of its kind and some parts were pretty funny, but I wish they waited a couple of years and really hit the 80s aesthetic with it. There's something so ugly about the late 70s-early 80s low budget movies like that. Just grey everywhere. Malvert rules though.

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I think they are banking on theatrical. A24 just has TBD 2021 listed

riotspray likes this.