Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Going off my Letterboxd, here are my favs. Also included where to watch them.

Underwater (HBO Max)
    Possessor (VOD)
    Relic (VOD)
    The Invisible Man (HBO Max)
    The Lodge (Hulu)
    The Mortuary Collection (Shudder)
    Scare Me (Shudder)
    Lucky (Should drop on Shudder sometime this year, not sure when exactly)
    Host (Shudder)
    His House (Netflix)

Honorable Mention: Hubie Halloween (Netflix)

Contender likes this.
  2. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Decided to make this the year I do a deep dive on Italian Horror since I’ve basically only seen Suspiria.

Zombie absolutely rules and the eye scene was the grossest bit of gore I’ve seen in a long time

3. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

The Lodge is one that has been right on the cusp every time I choose a newer horror to watch but I always end up going with something else. Maybe I'll make it happen this weekend.

All my movie watching lately has been dedicated to the Harry Potter films since I finally finished reading the series for the first time in December and haven't seen any of the movies up until that point.

4. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

so people around here dig The Lodge? I'm very much in the same boat

Jbent likes this.
  5. angrycandy

I like that one too. it's bad in the best ways. Bird with the Crystal Plumage is another one that's cool. Giallo films are fun

6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I thought the twist in The Lodge was so unbelievably dumb it single-handedly ruined the entire movie for me. good performances and direction though

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. angrycandy

I'll miss that one then

8. Disagree completely lol thought the entire film was extremely strong and effective. it's bleak though, so it's best you know what you're getting into

Jbent and SpyKi like this.
  9. Jbent

Trusted

Agreed, I'm down for the cold-winterscape-remote-cabin-bleak-outcome type of horror anyways deff worth a watch

Aaron Mook and SpyKi like this.
  10. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Yeah, I loved the Lodge. The movie tackled some interesting concepts while keeping their bleak and suffocating vision. Its a great winter film.

Aaron Mook, SpyKi and Jbent like this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Hmmm... I'll give this a shot. Going with 12 since I thought all of these were really enjoyable.

The Dark and the Wicked
    His House
    Possessor
    Relic
    The Invisible Man
    The Wretched
    Bad Hair
    Come to Daddy
    The Lodge
    1BR
    The Call
    Underwater

I haven't finished it yet, but I'm digging The Witch on Netflix.

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

The Dark and the Wicked is easily my #1. The only movie that made me really uneasy.

Mason likes this.
  13. angrycandy

well now I guess I gotta give it a watch if opinions are so divided

14. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

let us know which side you fall on. I thought it was a really cool concept.

angrycandy likes this.
  15. Contender

Dark and the Wicked and the Wolf of Snow Hollow are the two I’m waiting to watch so I’m trying to hold off on creating a list.

16. Mason

Regular

Still on fence about trying Wolf of Snow Hollow. I'm usually not a fan of comedy/horrors, which is where my hesitation stems from. Are the horror elements strong enough in this?

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah, way more than the comedy elements imo

18. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I liked The Lodge as well. Definitely plan on rewatching it soon. Just not a good idea right now lol

Still need to watch Possessor, Dark and the Wicked, 12 Hour Shift, Wolf of Snow Hollow, and who knows how many more from last year.

19. Contender

Not entirely a horror film, but She Dies Tomorrow is really good too.

20. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Went ahead and watched The Lodge last night based on the discussion in here and I liked it. Parts of it were frustrating to me, but I still found it to be enjoyable. Loved the little nod to the other "snowed in" movie when they were watching tv and also the definite Shining influence during some of the scenes.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

22. Looks and sounds like a Purge movie, I'm in

23. Mason

Regular

airik625 likes this.
  24. Contender

Sad that it's the last one (for now).

His House as pretty cool. There was cool imagery and I love watching Wunmi Mosaku.

25. estebanwaseaten

Trusted

Not outright horror but Super Dark Times just hit Shudder and it was one of my favorites from 2017.