Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 24

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

2. atlas

Trusted

jkauf likes this.
  3. atlas

Trusted

Peninsula was fucking terrible wow

Henry likes this.
  4. -deleted-

-

I just watched The Owners. Hadn’t seen any trailers so Arya Stark and Bilbo Baggins in a film together was unexpected. It was mostly good. Will say that the sledgehammer scene is probably the most visceral and best since Misery.

5. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

I saw it on display on Walmart the last few months. I was excited to see it on Hulu.

6. Been making my way back through the Final Destination series over the holiday break, which is very solid and inventive teen horror to begin with that only gets sillier and more fun as the series goes on. I'm about to watch THE Final Destination, which I understand to be the worst of the franchise (and the one I remember least about), but it would have to be pretty bad to not deliver on what I watch these movies for. Apparently they started as spec scripts for the X-Files, and the first film at least definitely feels like that in a good way.

7. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Is that final destination 5? 5 is one of the best of the series, 4 is utter trash.

8. Nah, it was 4. And yeah, it sucked haha. 5 tonight.

angel paste likes this.
  9. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

It's 1 > 5 > 3 > 2 >>>> 4 for me

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  10. -deleted-

-

If I were talking to somebody who hadn’t seen any of them I’d say just watch 1, 2, & 5. But even 5 is rough to get through.

11. I didn't think 5 was rough at all, it's wild how much stronger it is than the rest of the franchise, not just in kills but in writing, directing, visuals, pretty much everything across the board.

5 > 3 > 2 > 1 >>> TFD

I would say the series as a whole is really solid and inventive borderline teen horror that is more consistent than most franchises. And since they all pretty much work as standalone films, you could skip TFD or just watch the fifth one and be totally fine. It was a fun binge watch!

12. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I still get freaked out at trucks with logs in the back because of 2.

13. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

3 is the most fun for me, but it's also when they start introducing really annoying characters

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  14. -deleted-

-

Well, we are all definitely not on the same page with that franchise.

15. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Anyone check out Rent-A-Pal on Hulu? A trusted horror fan friend recommended it and the trailer looked dark as hell.

16. Contender

Checking out Underwater after hearing good things!

17. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

I thought Run was a great time!

18. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Hell yeah, Vinegar Syndrome haul came in

DarkHotline, Contender and Aaron Mook like this.
  19. Same! At least half of mine did. Blood Suckers from Outer Space and Dead Dudes in the House. Scary Tales and the AFGA Trailer Show should come near the end of January.

OhTheWater likes this.
  20. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Anyone make a top 10 horror films of 2020? I'll probably make one soon. Feels like I missed some good ones this year though

Night Channels likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I am 20 mins into Scary Tales and it is fucking incredible. Holy shit

bradsonemanband and Aaron Mook like this.
  22. Contender

there's a list of ten movies I'm still trying to get through. eventually I will get one done lol

ghostedaway likes this.
  23. Looks like I only watched 11 horror movies released in 2020, and I'm really only confident in the top eight here, but based on my Letterboxd, my top 10 would be:

Possessor
    The Invisible Man
    What Happens Next Will Scare You
    Host
    The Babysitter: Killer Queen
    Run
    The Hunt
    Scare Me
    -----------------
    Spree
    Underwater

Contender likes this.
  24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Gonna try to watch possessor tonight - that good?

Contender likes this.
  25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Absolutely!

bradsonemanband likes this.