Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

The Horror Thread 2U • Page 235

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Oct 25, 2020.

1. I snagged a used Blair Witch dvd for like two bucks, at a record store haha. I've actually never seen it.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. Still holds up!

3. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

Aaron Mook and 333 GANG like this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Yes please

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Hatching was so good. One of the bigger surprises of the year for me.

6. They/Them was pretty good! Better than I anticipated for sure. Corny at some points and far from perfect, but the premise is obviously great, there are some surprisingly good kills, and most of the performances are solid (Bacon in particular). I actually found it to be most comparable to Ma in terms of feeling like a Blumhouse B-movie. One part Sleepaway Camp, one part F13, one part Get Out, and then water all that down a little lol.

ghostedaway likes this.
  7. Also watched Stay Alive which was SHOCKINGLY fun for what it is and when it came out. Not particularly good, mind you, but fun. Maybe I have a soft spot because I specifically remember my friend's mom letting us Pay-Per-View it in middle school.

ghostedaway likes this.
  8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Stay Alive is a good time

Aaron Mook likes this.
  9. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

bodies bodies bodies was hysterical

ghostedaway likes this.
  10. 333 GANG

ACAB

Anyone watch Day Shift yet? I’m thinking about doing that tonight

11. Ya, I thought it was fun. Not scary really, but the action is pretty good.

333 GANG likes this.
  12. Daniel Aug 14, 2022
    (Last edited: Aug 14, 2022)
    Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Just watched it and it kinda rules.

Loved all the wrestling moves in the fight choreography. Super cheesy and fun with really silly exposition on the lore and types of vampires. Very much like the fun Action Horror we used to get in the late 90s early 00s.

333 GANG likes this.
  13. 333 GANG

ACAB

Okay I just finished Day Shift and it fucking ruled

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

15. The Black Phone was also pretty good! A little slow, and I actually wasn't a huge fan of Hawke's performance, BUT the third act was so good and it really all came together there in the end. Felt like a better Flanagan-style movie to me.

ghostedaway and DarkHotline like this.
  16. Yeah Black Phone had some similar vibes with Flanagan and King. I thought Hawke was good in it, which was weird because of how boring he was in Moon Knight which was out at around the same time.

DarkHotline likes this.
  17. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

wasn't gonna watch Black Phone but I guess I have to if it's reminiscent of my man Flanagan

18. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I now feel compelled to watch it

19. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Flanagan-esque? I’ll hold off on it.

wisdomfordebris likes this.
  20. Hahaha, y'all know my thoughts on Flanagan so that wasn't exactly my favorite aspect of it but maybe this will make @Contender interested: it's like Flanagan directed a Blumhouse film! It's not a slasher, but the third act has some very satisfying slasher vibes.

koryoreo likes this.
  21. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I didn't get Flanagan vibes but I see where you're coming from now that you mention it

22. It's mostly the relatively slow pacing, look, and setting (time period)

ghostedaway likes this.
  23. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Can definitely see that now

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

I love how the horror thread is like 50/50 split on whether Flanagan is great or terrible hahah

never change thread. but also obviously he's great and I'm on the right side

25. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum